More Boudoir - for your enjoyment - SFW!

The first of that second set, with the shoes, is just delicious. I've seen High Art Photographs I liked less.

Partly the shoes are yummy, partly she's yummy, but the whole frame is full of goodness. Translucent shadows below, a gorgeous tonal gradient up to brilliant whites, visual interest all through the frame but with the important things dominant and the less important things subordinate, a great combination of lines.

The flesh isn't quite perfect and taut, there's a slight unevenness to the thighs that hearkens back to the nudes of the early twentieth century, when male artists who loved their work and their wives desperately would photograph them. It's sexy but and abstract, but has a connection to a) the real world and b) a long history of the nude.

It's very very good.

The color photos are lacking, and this is your fault as a director!

Shoulders back, chin up, a little twist in the torso and the neck, take that slouch out. Expression.. something else. Sexy/sultry, smiling/giggling, whatever. Anything other than a blank stare. She just looks tired in those photos.

Most of the shots don't do much for me... all of the facial expressions are meh! None of them say sexy, fun, naughty. More like she is uncomfortable in front of the camera. Get 'em laughing and joking around. I have to agree with Amolitor.. you need practice directing, and working with your clients for this type of shoot. Someone else may be more comfortable in this kind of shoot, but this gal needed help.

Not trying to be harsh... but a lot of the shots look like what a GWAC would shoot... they are not soft and lovely, the poses are stiff, more like boyfriend shooting girlfriend (and she doesn't really want to) stuff.

GWAC? Really? I have to respectfully disagree, though I know I need to work on directing. I've unfortunately had the opportunity to pose for a few GWACS, and not to toot my own horn, but I could have only wished for my photos to look like this. And hey, we all know it wasn't the models fault ;)

I do appreciate the feedback - I'm awkward and really not that funny - it's easier with kids to make a fart noise and get a real laugh! Perhaps I'm just defensive, as we can all be regarding our hard work, but I just don't think the faces are that bad! The first photo in the OP, I get that - it's an awkward half smile, but not in the coy sexy way. I find her face in the Caps jersey photo to be pretty alluring. The face in the "leg" photo, looking back - I absolutely love. Probably because it's a nice, classic and flattering angle.

Andrew- thanks, it's a funny position that I'm in - I actually LOVED the color photos and felt the B&W body shots were lacking.

GWAC? Really? I have to respectfully disagree, though I know I need to work on directing. I've unfortunately had the opportunity to pose for a few GWACS, and not to toot my own horn, but I could have only wished for my photos to look like this. And hey, we all know it wasn't the models fault ;)

I do appreciate the feedback - I'm awkward and really not that funny - it's easier with kids to make a fart noise and get a real laugh! Perhaps I'm just defensive, as we can all be regarding our hard work, but I just don't think the faces are that bad! The first photo in the OP, I get that - it's an awkward half smile, but not in the coy sexy way. I find her face in the Caps jersey photo to be pretty alluring. The face in the "leg" photo, looking back - I absolutely love. Probably because it's a nice, classic and flattering angle.

Andrew- thanks, it's a funny position that I'm in - I actually LOVED the color photos and felt the B&W body shots were lacking.

I was mostly referring to the stairs.. and posing on the stairs... GWAC / Frat Boy.. whatever you want to call it. Her facial expressions are far from "Come Hither and I will take you to Heaven"... more like "Do I have to? I am not sure about this!" Even the shot with her legs up in the air (the one where you can see her face) is not an alluring expression. (IMO, of course!)

I DO appreciate your feed back and am not arguing - just giving my (biased) opinion.

The reason for the stairs, mainly the Caps shot - that's where they did their engagement photos (by an Aunt Barbara) in their jerseys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back