more characters in pm's?

MDowdey said:
im sorry pete, but i have to ask. What on God's green earth is so important that it takes 15000 characters to type out? If you need 15 grand to explain something, i would pick up the phone man.

just my observation...
Phones are evil and steal your thoughts from you head. Plus internation calls cost £££.

I don't need 15k, just 14k. :mrgreen:

I've been told I can go on a bit. :oops:

ferny said:
Phones are evil and steal your thoughts from you head. Plus internation calls cost £££.

I don't need 15k, just 14k. :mrgreen:

I've been told I can go on a bit. :oops:
Nooooo......!

Although there has been talk of making this your avatar: :chatty:

Do you like it? :twisted:

People have been talking behind my back?!?! :shock: :cry:

You horrible horrible people. I must go and cry now.

Is an English character the same thing as an English word? Or as an English alphabet? In the former case, wouldn´t a long word such as

"fernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyferny"

count exactly like a short one - say "ferny"? Then maybe you can write in this way:

"any-chance-of-upping-that-number-a-little-bit?"

to get around that default limit, I wonder?

Nope it's done by letter, not word unfortunately.

Faaaaark Pete! 15000! Just think back of the good ole days when it was only 5000. Ahhhh.

tsienni said:
Is an English character the same thing as an English word? Or as an English alphabet? In the former case, wouldn´t a long word such as

"fernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyferny"

count exactly like a short one - say "ferny"? Then maybe you can write in this way:

"any-chance-of-upping-that-number-a-little-bit?"

to get around that default limit, I wonder?
It works by every key press. So "12345 6789" is actually ten cahracters ebcause it includes the " " between 5 and 6.

Faaaaark Pete! 15000! Just think back of the good ole days when it was only 5000. Ahhhh.
Sod that. Remember in the good ole days when I actually had something interesting to say? :mrgreen:

The thing I´ve just discovered is you can't type a word of an arbitrary length. If you write "fernyfernyferny...fernyfernyferny" (more than 10 fernies in total, and even you don´t leave any space in between when typing, it will be shown breaking up after "fernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyfernyferny" (10 counts).

Thanks for the info! I think my life so far has been an abject failure as no one has ever written such a long letter to me. ;)

Not so sure. I think a few people would say that not getting messages on a forum would mean you're a success. :lol:

Ok, now I'm really begining to think I go on for too long.

The text that you have entered is too long (17527 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

It never feels that long when I type! Strange.

I'm starting to feel sorry for the poor person who has to read all this stuff you write. hehehehe. ;-)

Can you write my thesis for me, please?

hehehe I was wondering why it wook you so long to reply.

You did a pretty good job there... only 7994 words to go. You should have it done in a snap!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back