Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Only 8.

Airic and I were hiking around in the slop this AM, and of course I left my hiking shoes at home. After rooting through the forest, and jumping from log to log in a swamp, I was sitting in a cool spot to shoot., with dry feet!

After a couple of hours shooting with Airic and Mike, they had to go, so I spent another 2 hours hoping for the great shot. I saw another island in the swamp, about 30 meters away, and proceeded to strip down... with only a T shirt on, I waded in this bog of logs, rotten leaves and stinky mud to a grass covered log, and a better POV (I thought).

After a half hour, freezing feet and a cold willy, I mucked back to my first perch, dried off with my jacket (fleece) and dragged my stinky self out of the forest, and 1 1/2 hour drive home for a shower, and some clean clothes and lunch.. Hope you think it was all worth it!

herons9.jpg

herons13b.jpg

herons19.jpg

herons9.jpg

websz0252.jpg

herons5.jpg

herons1.jpg

websz0245.jpg

any ideas where I can buy 4X hip waders???

thanks for looking!

Darn, I really wanted that black mail shot but you waited until after we left. On second thought...maybe not! :biglaugh: I can hear the Herons screeching now. If anything would make them fly you wading through the muck half naked would.

Raymond is seen demonstrating the muck we go through to get these Heron images.
ray7905.jpg

Ray is seen with his towel :)
Ray7908.jpg

You did good and those shots are worth it. I'm glad you did better then last time.

Eric

AIRIC said:
Darn, I really wanted that black mail shot but you waited until after we left. On second thought...maybe not! :biglaugh: I can hear the Herons screeching now. If anything would make them fly you wading through the muck half naked would.

Raymond is seen demonstrating the muck we go through to get these Heron images.

You did good and those shots are worth it. I'm glad you did better then last time.

Eric

You are tooooooooooo much dude... I actually kinda wish I had a shot of me in that swamp in the raw.. it would cheer anyone up, no matter how bad there day was!

looks like you folks are having a great time and making some good shots to boot.

you can't really have fun under splendid conditions. it takes miserable conditions for that! lol!

luck!

What an entertaining post this was!! IMO, it was definitely worth it, Ray. That is a great great series. I would be so happy to get shots like that. Of the herons, not your frozen butt.

Holy cow Sir Raymond. Ya got b****, even though they may have shrunk a tad. Schmokin shots bro. Well worth a naked romp through the swamp.. Oh...poetry at it finest there eh?

Holy moly Ray. I guess the warm weather helped with that decision eh? Your lucky it warmed up a bit. That last thing ya want is frostbite on the ole. jewels.
Well worth it, with the images you got man. Magazine quality again.

Chiller said:
Holy moly Ray. I guess the warm weather helped with that decision eh? Your lucky it warmed up a bit. That last thing ya want is frostbite on the ole. jewels.
Well worth it, with the images you got man. Magazine quality again.

thanks buddy.. if you go up there, bring some boots! It's a fun hike into these woods!, but worth the effort. I hope we see them down at Lynnshore soon.

The places you have to go to get good shots eh!.... definately worth it tho ray...these are killer shots, love the second and third were he's in the tree, great work :thumbup:

Can you please post a bad shot. That way I can feel a bit better about my wildlife shots :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunning as EVER

Most reactions

New Topics

Back