MOTW - Mentos 007

Hertz van Rental said:
Oh, I'm sure we will meet again Alex. :hug::

And such sentiments will surely have made you some new friends here :mrgreen:

I just told the truth :D

spako said:
Thank you for the views Mentos! You neighbourghood really looks nice!

it is nice! I like my city... eventhough there are hundrets of people claiming that the city is boring and awful I like it a lot :)

Hi Mentos, I was wondering how you got into photography and how you see yourself as a photographer now?

magicmonkey said:
Hi Mentos, I was wondering how you got into photography and how you see yourself as a photographer now?

well well well.. that's a taugh queation... so... my dad has his Zenith 12 xp all the time. whenever we went for a walk when I was small or whenever we went for holidays my dad had his Zenith with him. what is more he works in tv and the picture, no matter if it is in motion or just a frame, was always somewhere around me. I spent a lot of time in his work after school where I met many great people, who, because of their job, loved pictures and were photography fans. then... somewhere around 1994 my dad bought a camcorder and moved more into films (he attended film school). so his Zenith was "unemployed" then in 1998 I was in 1 class ofjunior high school called gymnasium here. on art lessons we had to ring our caeras because we had basicsof photography. Of course I always wanted to be the best ( :p ) I took my dad's Zenith. My dad quickly showed me were is apperture, set the time on 1/500 sec, loaded the film and... off I went! With the class we went on a photo trip and I took loads of photos.. .some of them I still have! of course I got the best note simply cuz I was able to control DOF and explain what it is while the rest had no idea what I was talking about. Since then I had been using Zenith and taking it with me on every camp, travel whatever. then when I wanted to go into it more seriously, it got extremely expensive.. you know I went to high school, wanted to spend some money for cinema, theatre, and film became another thing I spent money for... so I decided to start saving for a digital cam. in 2003 digital cams were quite expensive here so I kept on shooting with Zenit. Then I went for 3 day journalist course for students from high schools because I was a photographer in school paper. there I met Sebastian Wołosz - really nice guy - photographer from one of the biggest papers here. he had... let's say a lecture on photography with a group of youngsters. of course I attended. but I was the only one with Zenith... other kids had compact analogue cams or digital point and shoots. he spotted me and my lens (I had 135 mm f2.8 Pentacon) mounted. he came up to me sat down and we started to talk. then he showed me canon 300d... I said just WOW! and he let me play with it... then I knew what I really want! so... in 2004 I bought fuji s5000 for my 18th birthday.. I saved only half for it but my parents gave me the second half... crap it was extremely expensive then (costed me the exact same amount of cash that I spent now for myRebel xt!!! ). then I started to shoot MUCH more... and in june I joined TPF. I learned a lot from here (thank you Chase for TPF!! ). next year, it was Sepotember 2005 I joined Szczecin Photo Society (http://www.stf.pl ) and I met a few dozens of pro photogs. I spend my free time with them, and we are friends now! And.. now I am a member of the board of the society.

I'll answer the second part of your question in a couple of minutes... I need to walk my dog :)

Where is one place you haven't travelled yet, but would like to?

And, of the places you've visited so far, which has been your favorite, and why? :D

magicmonkey said:

part II now...me as a photographer/.... hmm tough question again...well... I had a few of my pictures published in books - photo albums, I had a few sold, I was able to shoot on big events.... but I NEVER considered myself as a photographer... I am more like.... halfway to advanced amateur :D

terri said:
Where is one place you haven't travelled yet, but would like to?

And, of the places you've visited so far, which has been your favorite, and why? :D

I would like to see New Zeland, but it is my dream not affordable one right now. I'd like to go to... Ukraine... there where Poland was before WWII (most of nowadays Ukraine was Polish then) and there my grandparents were born, but were forced to move here. and I would like to go to Paris, haven't been there yet

As for the places I've been to..well.. I love Croatia. it is very wild and not touched by commercial civilization... it is... peacefull by lack of modern stuff and that's why it is so unique :D

duncanp said:
do you have a drawer full of hptography stuff... if so can we see : D

nah... I have only my rebel xt with 3 lenses all packed nicely in a bag. my old zenit is in a wardrobe and that's all I have...

just some unqualified comment: I like the fridge, unlike mine which is empty :(
Just got pizza i ordered on the phone ;)

Anyway, congrats for the MOTW and for dragging me in here ;)

photo gal said:
OK Mintily gorgeous one......I would like to know where your goreousness comes from.....Mum or Dad? Can I see a baby pic please?????? : )

I am just perfect :D I am a perfect mixture of my Mum and Dad :) here you are... I was 2 WEEKS old :)

ja.jpg

Alex_B said:
just some unqualified comment: I like the fridge, unlike mine which is empty :(
Just got pizza i ordered on the phone ;)

Anyway, congrats for the MOTW and for dragging me in here ;)

:D:D see! and you already have 8 posts!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back