move to FF or not ?

currently i dont know if im gonna to buy a second lens. mabye later.

im not from usa - i will buy the body in my country.

I was in the same situation as you, I have the Nikon 24-70 and was not really happy with it with my D7000. I sold the D7000 and picked up a refurbished D600....Oh boy!!! What a big difference.

Personally I’m going to make the switch to FF because Nikon USA and Knee-kon International has convinced me that the DX cameras that they said for years were good enough or better than the hyped up FF cameras that Cannon released a few years ago are now obsolete crap that should be disposed of as soon as possible so that I can upgrade to a superior Nikon FF D4 or D800 that will allow me to take much better pictures and make me a better photographer than I could ever hope for with the obsolete garbage that currently occupies my camera bags. Plus, the only cameras that the real pro’s use are FF and that is good enough for me. Now I’ll really stand out at the zoo when I’m taking pictures that I’ll label as my African safari on Flicker with my D4, SB910, and 600mm f4 and I’ll be able to look down on the plebians with their DX cameras. I only wish Nikon would make a pro 600mm in f2.8, cause we all know pro’s just use f2.8 or better glass.

;)

kfirg, If I were you, I would be very tempted to just stay with the DX Nikon system and the 17-55 f/2.8 and the 85/1.4 G lenses, at least for the forseeable future. In a year, or two, used D600 bodies will probably be at $700, and then at that time, you will be able to pick up an FX body with basically zero price premium attached to it.

I will go to full frame someday myself. But i know almost nothing about the camera feature differences, however i've heard that the d800 is a very good camera for video.

I only wish Nikon would make a pro 600mm in f2.8, cause we all know pro’s just use f2.8 or better glass.

;)

That would be a heavy prime lens and only be usable on a pod.

so now i have to choose.. d800 or d610 ?

Well, if you're limiting yourself to having to have the 85mm lens (and you're right, it's an awesome lens) then you might as well just bite it and go FF. I mean, if the lens is really the deciding factor here, you might as well save yourself the hassle of trying to move back all the time. However, if the lens is something you could let go of, frankly I've never seen that FF will make much of a difference for me in portrait photography. I never need to reach or go that wide when shooting portraits, I'm always somewhere in the 50mm-100mm range.

My 2 cents... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back