My first Boudoir...Maybe NSFW

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New venture for me...I have been doing photo shoots in my little one-man studio for the last few months, building experience, mainly shooting families and kids. Had the odd grown-up shoot. But then K messaged me and asked if I do boudoir/bikini. She wanted a few shots to send to Afghanistan with her boyfriend. Nothing nude, just implied and tasteful shots.

So I said yes. The shoot was today and I don't thing we did too bad. She was a lovely girl, and she said after that I had really put her at her ease, and that I was easier to work with than the other photographers she'd been to for other photo shoots. She was keen on the white background, and less keen on the bed/sheets shots. Of over 100 shots she narrowed it down to 30 she really really liked.

So, over to you...here are a handful of shots. Let me know what you think. Technically I would have liked another light - shadows in places I didn't like, and some overly bright areas in others...I probably could have evened things out a bit with another light. Anyway...enough waffling...what do you think?

Thanks in advance of your comments.

Sorry folks. Have to take these down now. Will replace them after the model has her images herself.

Last edited:
There will soon be one very appreciative, grateful solider in Afghanistan as soon as the e-mail arrives...

There will soon be one very appreciative, grateful solider in Afghanistan as soon as the e-mail arrives...

I think he's taking them out there himself, or at least a print...he leaves for 6 months at the end of September I believe. But yes, I am sure he will be very happy. :)

All of them look very nice I think.
#1 & #2 seem a bit bright while #4 seems right on the target for color.
#6 is just terrific and probably my favorite.

Nice job.

Lew

I like the lighting on all of them. Very clean, yet sensuous lol.

I do not like the pose in the last one though. It's kind of a "you want me to touch my head like this?" awkward look.

She seems a little awkward in all of them, which on the one hand is rather sweet and on the other hand is, well, it looks a little awkward.

You should spend a little time studying how girls in sexy photographs pose. It's an odd thing, but the sexy poses don't feel sexy to the model at all. It's all about fairly extreme twists, bends and hip-cocking. A little less looking straight at the camera, and a lot more side-long looks and peeking over the shoulder.

I realize this was an off the cuff thing, outside of what you normally do, and I think you did pretty well. Mainly because she's an insanely good looking girl and you've got a pretty good handle on flattering, softish, lighting.

#6 is my fav. but I think it could be better. She needs to be on her knees sitting up a little higher with her legs spread a little more. That would help that little bit of a wrinkle in her her waist area.
Keep shooting!!

All of them look very nice I think.
#1 & #2 seem a bit bright while #4 seems right on the target for color.
#6 is just terrific and probably my favorite.

Nice job.

Lew

Thanks! I am working with 2 lights at the moment, so with the white BG I have one lighting the BG and the other as main. I struggled to keep things exposed while not blowing out the larger areas of flesh (e.g. her back). Takes practice, of course, and I hope to get some more!

A few very minor exposure issues, but overall, a good, strong set! Nicely done!

Pretty much as I responded to Lew. More practice required. :)
Thank you.

I like the lighting on all of them. Very clean, yet sensuous lol.

I do not like the pose in the last one though. It's kind of a "you want me to touch my head like this?" awkward look.

Yeah, a little like that. She's not a model, and I haven't done this sort of thing before. When I shoot families I have the kids jumping and cartwheeling etc. A lot more "freeform". Here we were just coming up with ideas...we narrowed down over 100 images to 30 for the final processing.

She seems a little awkward in all of them, which on the one hand is rather sweet and on the other hand is, well, it looks a little awkward.

You should spend a little time studying how girls in sexy photographs pose. It's an odd thing, but the sexy poses don't feel sexy to the model at all. It's all about fairly extreme twists, bends and hip-cocking. A little less looking straight at the camera, and a lot more side-long looks and peeking over the shoulder.

I realize this was an off the cuff thing, outside of what you normally do, and I think you did pretty well. Mainly because she's an insanely good looking girl and you've got a pretty good handle on flattering, softish, lighting.

Thanks. As above, first time for both of us, and with the nature of the beast, many of these will be amateur models. And I am no pro, just yet. ;)
You are correct that I need to study more - will do. Many of the poses we had were due to her not wanting anything too strong...subtle/implied/classy was what she asked for. These turned out so much better and so much more relaxed than i thought they would to be honest. ha ha.

#6 is my fav. but I think it could be better. She needs to be on her knees sitting up a little higher with her legs spread a little more. That would help that little bit of a wrinkle in her her waist area.
Keep shooting!!

Thanks. Yes, I know what you mean. She didn't want to "show too much" in the photos so that probably directed the position of legs etc. I think if I ask her back, and do some modelling for CD or the like, then we can both practice and become more comfortable in what we are doing.

Cheers all.

But, but, but.... That little wrinkle is what makes the image so darn hawt! :blushing:

But, but, but.... That little wrinkle is what makes the image so darn hawt! :blushing:

You know, I did a little cloning on one like this...then I put it back. You might be right. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back