My kid..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Still going through pictures from this summer and found this one of my daughter.. She's such a natural beauty and I hate that she wants to wear makeup all the time because she doesn't need it..:grumpy: Does the light look too flat?

10485105345_d3431cfbbe_z.jpg

I think the lighting works well enough in this shot, but I do think the conversion could be reworked a bit; the whites are a tad gray. I would also suggest a square crop; I think that would be more appropriate to this image. Nicely captured.

The picture does look rather low in contrast. There are some dark, detail-less areas in the hair, and there are some light grays, and there are large areas of fairly dull gray. The overall degree of contrast is pretty wide, from black, to white; what it lacks though is what's commonly referred to as "local contrast". The tones need more "snap", more differentiation, from one another, all over the image. When I shot film, I really liked this type of delicate, gray-on-gray way of working...I still do actually...it's a sweet, soft type of lighting, but I think that this specific shot,m being a beach picture, appears just a little bit too flat to make the absolute most out of what you've captured. I'd also tend to agree with T...a square crop on this could look nice. I think as-shown, there's not enough "her"on the bottom of the picture, and her eyes are "riding too low" in the frame. I hate to harp on it, but this situation was just crying out for a tall, narrow camera orientation to match her pose and positioning. The 3:2 aspect ratio frame is just NOT tall enough to show "her" with the camera that close to her.

The others have it pegged. :) The contrast is flat, but that is easily fixed. A square format will also help.

The image is not bad at all; the catchlights are lovely and she has a soft, wistful expression that makes this a winner. You have a nice image to work with here!

Most reactions

Back