My new ride

Don't feel bad. I was raised on dirtbikes, but my mom forbid me from getting a street bike until I was out on my own and purchased it myself. I didn't want to do the same to my son, so he was given the option while he is still at home. We paid half for his 18th, and he is making payments to me for the other half....makes him appreciate it a bit more.

I would love if my parents did that to me! I could even save up for one, it's just the safety issue. I bought all my camera gear myself. Long story but my dad bought the lens, ($400) and I bought the body($1,200) and paid him back for the lens a few months later.

Here's me on my bike, pretending I'm a pro racer haha

IMG_4920.jpg

Great posts. Bring 'em on.

Here's my son Mike on his z1000.

2930137997_aca389b968.jpg

2930075885_11cd0237fb.jpg

I was already out shooting hot air balloons, when he was leaving for work.

He sells motorcycles. :mrgreen:

Johngpt, You are talking about Walnut Creek, California I'm assuming? The place that was taken is Carnegie which is near that area.

Johngpt, You are talking about Walnut Creek, California I'm assuming? The place that was taken is Carnegie which is near that area.

Yep, Walnut Creek, CA was the place about which I was speaking. Pretty area. Looked great for riding. Every time I'm there I'm stuck in some rental car going to soccer games.

Yup! The only thing is, it gets really hot here in the summer time, so it's practically an off season. I haven't been riding in a looooong time (I'm ashamed to say how long)

Yup! The only thing is, it gets really hot here in the summer time, so it's practically an off season. I haven't been riding in a looooong time (I'm ashamed to say how long)

stop complaining - you live in a prime motorcycling area - I rode on Hwy 9 from San Hose to Santa Cruz few years ago and then took Hwy 1 to Half moon bay and 92 to 84 to Alices and back to San Hose - One of the best routes I ever had on 2 wheels!

Oh I'm not complaining. Just saying, it DOES get hot, dusty, and windy here in the summer.
And the place you rode is a lot cooler than where I live. The Bay Area has micro-climates...just passed the hills, the ocean doesn't cool anything down =/

We were just recently in Modesto. Got pretty hot, and coming from Albuquerque, we really felt the humidity. Those inland wide valleys sure are different from the coast.

Interesting, I find that most of people that have both passions - photography and motorcycling fall into sport-touring crowd! I wouldn't be surprised to see your pictures on ST.net :)

I got to the playing fields an hour early, so went beyond, up to Jemez Canyon Dam, just north of the Bernalillo playing fields.

A guy on his new Beamer rode up and began shooting it with his cell phone camera. I offered to shoot him and his ride, if he'd shoot one of me with mine.

So, here's my new ride, an '09 Kawasaki Concours 14. It is so sweet! Heaven on earth.

2925511765_c07d9e1cfa_o.jpg

Seriously sweet and sexy ride, John!

But shouldn't you be draped over the bike in a sexy pose wearing a bikini to highlight your cleavage and rear?

Oh... wait... what I meant was... uh... nice ride...

Interesting, I find that most of people that have both passions - photography and motorcycling fall into sport-touring crowd! I wouldn't be surprised to see your pictures on ST.net :)
Well, I think we tend to like technology. Both the cameras and the bikes are the bomb! And we can't beat the carriers for our gear. I can fit all my kit in just one of the carriers, and everything else in the other. And they lock! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back