My new ride

johngpt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got to the playing fields an hour early, so went beyond, up to Jemez Canyon Dam, just north of the Bernalillo playing fields.

A guy on his new Beamer rode up and began shooting it with his cell phone camera. I offered to shoot him and his ride, if he'd shoot one of me with mine.

So, here's my new ride, an '09 Kawasaki Concours 14. It is so sweet! Heaven on earth.

2925511765_c07d9e1cfa_o.jpg

So here we are a year later, and I finally got a wireless shutter release!

4033177367_dd56567382.jpg

And now we're coming up on two years later, still on it almost every day. Here we are with the Frogg Toggs rain gear.

4865177360_df319e7241_o.jpg

Here we are in Feb, 2011...

me and my ride by johngpt, on Flickr

Last edited:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: S-W-E-E-T!!! Congrats and ride safely.

Sweet. My dad used to have a Concours...Then he got an FJR, and now he has a Beamer.

^^Hahaa I will tell him that. I ride a Honda 230 (Dirtbike)..Someday I'll get a streetbike.. My parents would freak though if I got one right now.

^^Hahaa I will tell him that. I ride a Honda 230 (Dirtbike)..Someday I'll get a streetbike.. My parents would freak though if I got one right now.

The better the dirt rider, the better the street rider.

My son rides dirt and street.

This is us back in 2005, when he was a junior in high school.

2930506312_415d7a527e.jpg

We'd gone on a small jaunt up through the Jemez to Fenton Lake and back. He was on a '88 Honda Hurricane, I was on an '01 Suzuki Intruder. We're both on Kawee's now.

:thumbup:

We started our son on dirt when he was 7, and he just got a Suzuki Boulevard for his 18th. My wife & I both ride, so it's a family thing now.

Very nice ride, John.

:thumbup:

We started our son on dirt when he was 7, and he just got a Suzuki Boulevard for his 18th. My wife & I both ride, so it's a family thing now.

Very nice ride, John.

Those Boulevards are nice. They're the latest incarnation of my old Intruder. I think in between they had morphed into the Volusia. I believe now they're designated in cubic inches rather than cc's. Which of the Boulevards does your son have?

Those Boulevards are nice. They're the latest incarnation of my old Intruder. I think in between they had morphed into the Volusia. I believe now they're designated in cubic inches rather than cc's. Which of the Boulevards does your son have?

That's funny. My wife has a 2005 Boulevard C90, which is the Volusia 1500, which we bought new, and we just picked up a used S90 800cc for the son. The 800cc is perfect for him, since it has just enough power to get out of it's own way, but not enough to really get him in trouble. I have an '05 Suzuki Bandit 1200SZ & a very modified '99 Yamaha VMax.

Thats a sweet looking bike, John! I keep saying one day I'm gonna get me a bike but never seem to get around to it.

Happy trails and safe riding!

My son rides dirt and street.

This is us back in 2005, when he was a junior in high school.

2930506312_415d7a527e.jpg

We'd gone on a small jaunt up through the Jemez to Fenton Lake and back. He was on a '88 Honda Hurricane, I was on an '01 Suzuki Intruder. We're both on Kawee's now.

Oh maaaan I would have loved to have a street bike my Junior year!

Oh maaaan I would have loved to have a street bike my Junior year!

Don't feel bad. I was raised on dirtbikes, but my mom forbid me from getting a street bike until I was out on my own and purchased it myself. I didn't want to do the same to my son, so he was given the option while he is still at home. We paid half for his 18th, and he is making payments to me for the other half....makes him appreciate it a bit more.

My girls still like their parents and want to be with them. Thus, I had me a "beginner" bike (83 Honda Nighthawk CB550SC) and sold it after 4 years because I didn't/don't have time to ride. That was 2 years ago and I'm now bikeless.

Some day, I will become the stupidest person in the world and my kids will hate me. I'll get another bike then. The first one was a blast.

sweet ride! I love this color on connie!
But blue is faster :)

Here is my ride:

IMG_4918-vi.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back