My phone is taking blue colored RAW photos

fmatyas97

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I just bought my new Huawei P8 Lite 2017. I think it has a great camera for this price. It does support camera2api, so I have a lot of manual setting. (ISO, Shutter speed, manual focus etc.) But the main camera app doesn't have DNG option. But some third-party apps support it. But there is a little problem: In jpeg mode the colors are great, but when I change to RAW mode, the photos will be like this: (1. photo). And here is a jpeg photo (2. photo). So there is a little problem with the colors. I cant fix it in photoshop.

Thank you all!

1. Photo: 1. photo.dng
2. Photo: 2. photo.jpg

Sounds like your phone/camera is functioning perfectly when used as designed but having trouble with a third-party app. I'd contact the vendor of the app for suggestions.

Maybe the white balance has acccidentlaly been set to tungsten, or to a large "offset" from normal? Maybe reset the camera withg a two-button reset of some type? A reset all setting types of procedure, perhaps?

You're showing us a .JPG file. When you download the .DNG to an editor, do you get the same effect?

Could you try another camera app?

It looks like the red and blue channels are swapped in the DNG:

Red channel (DNG, JPG)
DNG-red.jpg JPEG-red.jpg

Blue channel (DBG, JPG)
DNG-blue.jpg JPEG-blue.jpg

Green channel (DNG, JPG)
DNG-green.jpg JPEG-green.jpg

Most reactions

Back