Need some constructive criticism

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Formalities out of the way:
d3200 & 50mm 1.4g mounted on tripod with indirect flash coming from white ceiling.
RldVAB5.jpg

I just took this product shot of poof and his ride. I'm looking for some tips on how i could improve upon this image, any and all tips are welcome.

6JYq8ru.jpg

Send it to me. It would look much better on my camera than yours!

I'm sure it would, but we are focusing on me now and how i can get better.

One tip for you: hamster urine won't do your lens any good at all :thumbup:

I would rotate the image slightly, clockwise, and also crop off some of the top, so the blue goes al the way across the top of the frame from left to right.

I would rotate the image slightly, clockwise, and also crop off some of the top, so the blue goes al the way across the top of the frame from left to right.

That sounds good actually, here are the adjustments i made:

Gkd1kqJ.jpg

And tell the frggin' model to SMILE!!!! Nothing looks worse in a product shot than a scowling Vanna!

Here you go:

24cV3FQ.jpg

It's mostly your background and the fact that there's hamster on it. I don't care for the box being the base, either. On the other hand, the colors that are reflected in the barrel of the lens is quite fetching. Probably need more of it.

Also, the heavy shading below mid-level is not the most ideal lighting. Make your lighting more even, pose the lens on a very plain surface, make the background MUCH plainer, and ask the hamster to wait off camera.

Send it to me. It would look much better on my camera than yours!

I don't think his hamster would look all that good on your camera.

It's mostly your background and the fact that there's hamster on it. I don't care for the box being the base, either. On the other hand, the colors that are reflected in the barrel of the lens is quite fetching. Probably need more of it.

Also, the heavy shading below mid-level is not the most ideal lighting. Make your lighting more even, pose the lens on a very plain surface, make the background MUCH plainer, and ask the hamster to wait off camera.

Alright i can do all that. But Poof is part of the deal. This scene will look pretty dull without him.

Most reactions

Back