new member and desperit

Which myspace pictures are you talking about?

Chances are, they look so good because they have good composition, contrast,
color and clarity.

You can do that with that little Canon. You just have to do some practicing.

well i would need some help with the settings, do you have AIM or anything ?

http://web.mac.com/sabbath999/ZooPictures/Point_&_Shoot_Zoo.html#13

that picture isn't as good as these http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97513

which is how i wanna take pics of me...the quality is so hot there...

My point isn't whether my pictures are as "hot" as this other persons, my point is that the "hotness" of the pictures does not come from the camera this person shot them with... rather, it was the SKILL the person who shot them has. The pictures I was showing were actually much more technically challenging than the ones in your post, because they were inside with flash, inside without flash, using mixed lighting, using daylight, in shade, out of shade, shooting through shade, shooting underwater, shooting through clear glass, shooting through tinted glass, shooting telephoto, shooting wide angle and shooting macro... ALL of which my (and your) cameras can do. Whether the actual pictures trip your trigger is not the point... the point is that your equipment isn't what makes you (or any other beginner) take pictures that are not as good as you would like... it is the fact that you need to develop the SKILLS of the people whos pictures you admire.

If you had this poster's skill, you could shoot similar pictures with the camera you have. You need to develop the SKILL, not worry about equipment.

My point isn't whether my pictures are as "hot" as this other persons, my point is that the "hotness" of the pictures does not come from the camera this person shot them with... rather, it was the SKILL the person who shot them has. The pictures I was showing were actually much more technically challenging than the ones in your post, because they were inside with flash, inside without flash, using mixed lighting, using daylight, in shade, out of shade, shooting through shade, shooting underwater, shooting through clear glass, shooting through tinted glass, shooting telephoto, shooting wide angle and shooting macro... ALL of which my (and your) cameras can do. Whether the actual pictures trip your trigger is not the point... the point is that your equipment isn't what makes you (or any other beginner) take pictures that are not as good as you would like... it is the fact that you need to develop the SKILLS of the people whos pictures you admire.

If you had this poster's skill, you could shoot similar pictures with the camera you have. You need to develop the SKILL, not worry about equipment.

look i wan't pics like these http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96278
those feel so alive and so real

rather than when i take pics with my canon powershot a630...the pics come out like if they're old and happened before....

but in that thread^...the pictures feel so alive and going. oh man do you have AIM ?

well i would need some help with the settings, do you have AIM or anything ?

You can't just set it and forget it...Camera settings are an ever changing entity
that constantly fluctuate when the clouds roll over the sun or as each minute
passes during the day.

You can't just set it and forget it...Camera settings are an ever changing entity
that constantly fluctuate when the clouds roll over the sun or as each minute
passes during the day.

ok so

what resolution should i pick to have amazing quality

the lowest my camera goes is640x480
and the highest is 3264x2448

so i should pick the highest right? as one step to getting good pictures?

Ok, I can see it is pointless for me to continue on this one...

Good luck with your pictures, univ

I used my A620 for 1.5 years before upgrading to a DSLR. Your camera has aperature priority, shutter speed priority and full manual mode. You have a ton to learn on that camera before upgrading. It will take amazing pictures.

i'm not that interested in photography, i just wan't to have amazing pictures of me on myspace like this chick has....the pics stand out more and the quality looks amazing.

If you really aren't interested in photography and just want pictures of yourself that look good......... hire a photographer.

If you really aren't interested in photography and just want pictures of yourself that look good......... hire a photographer.

how much would each picture probabley cost?

ok so

what resolution should i pick to have amazing quality

the lowest my camera goes is640x480
and the highest is 3264x2448

so i should pick the highest right? as one step to getting good pictures?

'Amazing quality' has almost nothing to do with resolution and everything to do with composition, lighting and exposure. Since you seem to be uninteresred in learning about these I suggest you find someone who is interested and competent and pay them to take the photos for you.

AIM (automatic image management?) will do nothing for composiition which is the major component in an outstanding photo. Until you get the composition and lighting sorted out you just end up with run-of-the-mill boring photos that are reasonably exposed and focussed.

AIM is an AOL chat app.

Look, I'm probably one of the most supportive, forgiving members of this forum... but you're not getting it. To say you're not interested in photography means you're obviously in the wrong place. There are digital cameras, but it's not a video game where the right button combo results in a God Mode cheat code. Creating a good image takes talent as well as work to fine-tune the skill. Yers, there are definitely technical aspects to photography, but they're just tools in the creative process. You don't switch the camera to l33t mode and start cranking out great shots for your My Space page.

I'm sure someone here will help you somewhat, it won't be me, though. I will enjoy this thread though as evidence of everything that is wrong with certain people on the internet these days.

AIM is an AOL chat app.

Look, I'm probably one of the most supportive, forgiving members of this forum... but you're not getting it. To say you're not interested in photography means you're obviously in the wrong place. There are digital cameras, but it's not a video game where the right button combo results in a God Mode cheat code. Creating a good image takes talent as well as work to fine-tune the skill. Yers, there are definitely technical aspects to photography, but they're just tools in the creative process. You don't switch the camera to l33t mode and start cranking out great shots for your My Space page.

I'm sure someone here will help you somewhat, it won't be me, though. I will enjoy this thread though as evidence of everything that is wrong with certain people on the internet these days.

LOL, so do you have AIM anyways? and whats composition, like can you describe it in your opinion

AIM is an AOL chat app.

:wav:

Most reactions

Back