Nikon 55~200 AFS

I have this ridiculous MK bag to photograph. It's Python leather. The impossible dream.
Even if you hide your lights under the mattress, there will be a direct reflection somewhere on this bag.
This bag does not apply to the family of angles. The problem is that if you diminish the light intensity too much, then the bag gets dull and boring. This is a real challenge, I would love to sit and watch a professional photographer shoot this.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 184
I could do it, and I'm not a professional photographer.

In that book you were just getting into diffusion
Keep reading

That purse shouldn't be much of a problem with the right technique, knowledge and misc equipment.

the right technique, knowledge and misc equipment.

I have just learned that fitting any prime lens (for full frame) onto an APS-C body will not produce sharp results (Tony Northrup).
I should only use APS-C lenses, since I have a Nikon D3300

BWHAHAHAHA.

DONT.
LISTEN.
TO.
TONY
NORTHRUP.

EVER.

He is a complete moron.*

*This is not being mean, or making personal attacks, this is being objective.

Tony Northrup makes claims like that to cause controversy and ultimately more views on his videos. He basically makes money spouting off bullshit to people that dont know any better.

well, he must be wrong, because at f11 I'm getting some pretty sharp pics on these bags. I also know that the sharpest point on this 50mm prime lens is F4.
F11 is not F4, so why are they pretty sharp?
None of this makes sense to me.

Tony "I want to be just like Ken Rockwell when I grow up" Northrup? Yep, he's just another one who says whatever he needs to in order to get views for his material. In fact, the opposite is true since using a full-frame lens on a crop-sensor body utilizes only the centre or sharpest part of the lens.

You're going about it all wrong. Who cares if they see the reflection of the light modifiers. It's Michael Kors. Designer crap for women who can't afford the real good brands.

well, he must be wrong, because at f11 I'm getting some pretty sharp pics on these bags. I also know that the sharpest point on this 50mm prime lens is F4.
As concerned as you are with sharpness I find it surprising that you haven't already done sharpness tests on your lenses to determine FOR YOURSELF at which aperture they are the sharpest.

I have not understood if F11 is the same on a full frame with a prime lens, and if f11 is the same on an APS-c with a prime lens?
You're going about it all wrong. Who cares if they see the reflection of the light modifiers. It's Michael Kors. Designer crap for women who can't afford the real good brands.

That's not the point. The point is that I am trying to better myself. With your mindset (albeit, possibly the wisest and most practical) I would make no progress.
I do not want to become an expert photographer. This camera will never leave the house to see daylight. I just want to do the best I can with the current set up I have (bags, lighting and studio).

As concerned as you are with sharpness I find it surprising that you haven't already done sharpness tests on your lenses to determine FOR YOURSELF at which aperture they are the sharpest.
Yes f11, is the sharpest for me on the whole surface area of the bag. But it's not really sharp. I still have to sharpen up the raw file considerably.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back