Official upgrade issue thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gang, post up here if you see anything that needs our attention. It's important that all that stuff stay in this thread so we can address it quickly. If you just have a personal problem or don't like the look, feel free to start your own thread. ;)
I see you changed the look again.

For those of you having a hard time leaving conversations, please try it now.

Warn me next time!! :p

I thought my computer was crashing or I was having a seizure.. turns out its another update :048:

^+1
Seriously, TPF.
I was actually just about to close down my browser and try a restart to see if it fixed the "funky" way that TPF was suddenly displaying, when I noticed that the upgrade issue thread was on the top of the Active Topics list, which made me suspect there was more going on than just a problem with my computer. A bit of a heads up would have been good, don't you think?

I thought my computer was crashing or I was having a seizure.. turns out its another update :048:

^+1
Seriously, TPF.
I was actually just about to close down my browser and try a restart to see if it fixed the "funky" way that TPF was suddenly displaying, when I noticed that the upgrade issue thread was on the top of the Active Topics list, which made me suspect there was more going on than just a problem with my computer. A bit of a heads up would have been good, don't you think?

It's a new skin ;) Not the end of the world! :)

It's the end of the world for we who are OCD.

^+1
Seriously, TPF.

In case I haven't mentioned it, Change. Is. Bad. :irked:

What's really bad about this is the "new posts in this thread" which in the previous skin was a small square to the left of the thread title seems to be missing. AND... I don't look good in a round avatar.

^+1
Seriously, TPF.

No, not the end of the world, not at all.
But, in ALL seriousness--I guess I did expect a little more than a flippant answer like that. I *do* use TPF once in a while, and I *am* a supporting MEMBER--spelled, I pay you money--so it may be "just a skin" but when said paying member mentions that just giving us a heads up would have been nice, and further mentions that they almost shut their browser down (including stuff actually being worked on--I manage social media at work) because the "skin" looks so funky I thought it was a glitch, it just seems to me like perhaps I'd get an answer with just a TOUCH more sincerity in it than, basically, "get over it."

On the other hand, it also won't be the end of the world if all the changes at TPF finally cause me to just go elsewhere either.

Sheesh.

What's really bad about this is the "new posts in this thread" which in the previous skin was a small square to the left of the thread title seems to be missing. AND... I don't look good in a round avatar.

I think we can get that added!

This place is getting as bad as Facebook - I just about get used to the way things work and bam - it changes again.....did I mention I don't like change? ;) I managed to get used to the old new look and functions, but frankly, this new look is awful! So bright! So white!! :icon_eek: Not crazy about the round avatar either.

This change to the interface was necessary... why?

And while I'm asking questions, where's the link to mark all the threads in a particular forum read, so that the ones with a new message stand out for me?

The avatar is now a box, per user request :)

This change to the interface was necessary... why?

And while I'm asking questions, where's the link to mark all the threads in a particular forum read, so that the ones with a new message stand out for me?

If you hover over the "Forum" link in the top area a drop down will come down, and mark forums read is in that dropdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back