No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
quick pick from my last session

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

I like the goosebumps in shot #1--they acgtually ADD quite a bit to the shot! "Realistic."
#2 looks pretty nice--mysterious and subtle. I bet #2 also looks good in color. Nice shootin.

Here is the color versions.

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

#2's shadows are too light, to my eye. The blacks feel like they're in the right place in the color version, but not in the b&w.

#1 is much better in b&w, it's very good, I think, and that's about half you and half her.

#2 WOULD be better in b&w if you had the nerve to bury her in the shadows. I feel like it's about her emerging from the darkness, for good or ill, and that's all about you and how you're managing the light. She's doing ok in it too, but not really giving it her all, but that's ok.

#3 is, to my eye, a failure, and that's either her fault or a problem in timing -- her positioning and body language look like motion, walking toward the camera, but she is not. I feel like the photograph wants her to be moving. I don't quite know why. Standing there in that pose would be fine in a doorway, but she's not really in a doorway. Ok, that makes not much sense, but maybe you can glean something that does from the gibberish?

Try using a green filter on the B&W conversion. That should deepen the shadows and make the dress appear a little darker (a better representation of the original color difference).

EDUB

Most reactions

Back