One of my first Macro shots

meynard2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my first macro shots, Taken with Vivtar Series 1 105mm lens. Any CC welcomed.
Bugg-2.jpg

Sharp, clear, good color. Is this made with an older, manual focus 105mm Vivitar? Or was this made with the roughly 2000-era Vivitar?

Last edited:
Sharp, clear, good color. Is this made with an older, manual focus 105mm Vivitar? Or was this made with the roughly 2000-era Vivitar?
Thanks! I was trying to figure out how sharp it could get seeing as I was doing it free hand, and no this was a poss early 70 to late 70s Vivtar Series 1 lens.

The only thing I'd say here is try to get the eye in focus. Had that been focussed and as sharp as the body it would have made this shot even better.

The only thing I'd say here is try to get the eye in focus. Had that been focussed and as sharp as the body it would have made this shot even better.
I was attempting at that keep in mind since I went with out a tripod I was just swaying back and forth till I have something in foucs.

I was attempting at that keep in mind since I went with out a tripod I was just swaying back and forth till I have something in foucs.

That's really the way to go when dealing with such close working distances, move the camera in and out. At slightly greater distances then MF can be used and I never use AF (my two main Macro lenses the Venus 60 and Canon MP-E 65 are both manual anyhow). That said, when I'm doing insects in the wild I tend not to use a tripod or monopod, I just find them a hindrance and restrictive when it comes to trying to get the best angles in bushes and shrubs etc so I go hand held. Loads of non keeper shots right enough but I find it a far better method for getting those that are keepers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back