Online flirting- is it cheating?

Is flirting online cheating on your spouse/sig.other in the real world?

• As long as you never meet in the real world, it aint flirting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I cheat in the real world, so online is no different

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This one's funny. :p It won't be any good unless you get a better tally than what you have so far, tho. I'm trying to decide if I should answer honestly or toss in a wild card vote.... :twisted:

im probably not the best person to ask about this cause i will flirt with my significant other standing in the room. But i always try to surround myself with people who understand that that is how i am and nothing has EVER come of it. As to online flirting? HELL YES. its the safest form of flattery because you are attracted to the other person usually based on personality instead of looks.

but i do like me a good booty!!

md

terri said:
I'm trying to decide if I should answer honestly or toss in a wild card vote.... :twisted:
Umm... That is the purpose of polls. to get an honest answer :p

I voted as long as it doesn't get to serious. Same thing with offline cheating. I call it "catch and release"

its the safest form of flattery because you are attracted to the other person usually based on personality instead of looks.

Well spaketh, young Jedi..... :wink:

ok, I'm done. Gee....not much mystery so far up there!

ya, seem's kinda one-way so far, eh?

i love the way MD thinks, btw....

so terri, what was the "wild card" gonna be?

MDowdey said:
im probably not the best person to ask about this cause i will flirt with my significant other standing in the room. But i always try to surround myself with people who understand that that is how i am and nothing has EVER come of it. As to online flirting? HELL YES. its the safest form of flattery because you are attracted to the other person usually based on personality instead of looks

I'm with MD on this one. My hubby is the worlds biggest flirt and I'm not far behind him sometimes. We actually do it in front of each other. It's kind of funny sometimes because we work together and we share an office. I hear him flirt with parts girls nearly every day. No one ever takes it seriously, it's all in good natured fun and it would NEVER go anywhere. So, with that said, what's the harm?

so terri, what was the "wild card" gonna be?

I was leaning towards: Any form of flirting is cheating - since that is the opposite of what I actually think. Just to juice it up, since we're apparently all in agreement.

Umm... That is the purpose of polls. to get an honest answer

Yes, Dad.... :roll: You got one.

Interesting topic, I've actually thought about such stuff lately, funny that it came up.

I voted as long as its not too serious (like most everyone else so far), but that wasn't exactly right for me. A casual flirt here or there is harmless, but I've seen exchanges that, to me, go too far (even tho I know they weren't 'serious'). I think there just comes a point where excessive flirting, while still all in fun, just becomes disrespectful to the relationship that one is in. But of course there is no way to measure something like that, and every relationship has different dynamics, so it really boils down to knowing what is best for you and if you know how your partner would feel about it, then you can proceed based on that. For me, I think I would be slightly hurt if I knew my bf was saying things I've seen others say, but that probably says more about me, than about the flirting itself of course.

oriecat said:
Interesting topic, I've actually thought about such stuff lately, funny that it came up.

I voted as long as its not too serious (like most everyone else so far), but that wasn't exactly right for me. A casual flirt here or there is harmless, but I've seen exchanges that, to me, go too far (even tho I know they weren't 'serious'). I think there just comes a point where excessive flirting, while still all in fun, just becomes disrespectful to the relationship that one is in. But of course there is no way to measure something like that, and every relationship has different dynamics, so it really boils down to knowing what is best for you and if you know how your partner would feel about it, then you can proceed based on that. For me, I think I would be slightly hurt if I knew my bf was saying things I've seen others say, but that probably says more about me, than about the flirting itself of course.

I tend to agree with Oriecat here. There is a wide gray area where it could be wrong. It depends on how the other person feels. If they think you are taking it to far and are cheating on them then maybe you should back off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back