P90x

Just got it and waiting until the first of February to start.

One of my friends has had great results so far and he's I think about a 1/3 way through.

Good luck! And don't forget to take some before pics.

starting this week!

Good luck and don't forget to take before pictures!
Today is the start of my 5th week. I am down about 5 lbs. I do notice quite a bit of muscle definition.

Just got it and waiting until the first of February to start.

One of my friends has had great results so far and he's I think about a 1/3 way through.

Did you survive Week 1?

I did P90X as my main workout a few years ago.

I went from 240 lbs to 170 lbs. I have since levelled off at about 195 lbs.

Its a great workout routine, but as with anything, its all about attitude and lifestyle changes. I dont know anyone who plans on doing P90X for the rest of their life. So while it will work, learning to incorporate exercise in your every day life and more importantly, learning to eat right are the keys to being healthy.

In terms of diet and healthy living, exercise accounts for only 30% of that... eating makes up 70%.

So try and get into lifestyle changes, not just short term exercise and diets.

And keep up the good work!

I did P90X as my main workout a few years ago.

I went from 240 lbs to 170 lbs. I have since levelled off at about 195 lbs.

Its a great workout routine, but as with anything, its all about attitude and lifestyle changes. I dont know anyone who plans on doing P90X for the rest of their life. So while it will work, learning to incorporate exercise in your every day life and more importantly, learning to eat right are the keys to being healthy.

In terms of diet and healthy living, exercise accounts for only 30% of that... eating makes up 70%.

So try and get into lifestyle changes, not just short term exercise and diets.

And keep up the good work!

That's fantastic! So what is your daily excercise routine now? How do you maintain your 195?

I am enjoying our healthier eating, it's fun looking for new recipes. It will be even better once I can eat fresh from our garden. C'mon Spring, hurry up! I think the hardest thing for me is not getting to eat things slathered in melted cheese. I watch Biggest Loser and get a lot of recipes from that show.

As far as future goals, last summer my husband and I ran our first 5k and we both weren't too pleased with our time. We are planning to run that same race this summer and blow away our times.

In terms of healthy eating, I eat less meat than I used to. Not that I am vegetarian, but I cut out alot of meat or try and control the portions of meat. I did enjoy my brother's BBQ ribs on Superbowl sunday though :).

I eat more natural stuff and I'm into more ethnic foods. Its amazing how natural alot of indian, lebanese and other foods are.

Rarely drink coke, I drink alot of water, still 1-2 Litres a day. I do indulge though... when I go out with friends, I'm not one of those "I must only eat carrots". I try and keep things to normal portions.

As for exercise, in the summer time, I take by bike to work. I have the luxury of having showers and an indoor locker for my bike here at work. Its a 1 hour ride to get to work and 1 hour to get back at night. I do that 2-3 times a week from about May to September.

During the winter months, I took up cross country skiing and my wife and I go out every other weekend. We make weekends of it when we can and actually find a place to stay and explore.

Photography has also helped alot. When its nice outside (or when its not freeze your buns off cold) I'm out walking the streets for 5+ hours.

So I cant say that I have a daily routine that I stick to now. I'm not a fan of just doing what you are told. Same goes with diets...southbeach, atkins, cookie,... they are all temporary quick fixes that throw your system off. You shed pounds, but without an active lifestyle change, you will go back to how you were.

Weight Watchers would be the only diet system that I actually endorse. Not entirely, but mainly because it can teach you how to eat properly...portion size and so on. They have a stupid point system, but the point system does match up to proper calories and meal portions.

Knowledge is important to! Just as with photography, taking the time to learn the basics of how your body works, what sodium will do, different fats and so on is important.

In terms of healthy eating, I eat less meat than I used to. Not that I am vegetarian, but I cut out alot of meat or try and control the portions of meat. I did enjoy my brother's BBQ ribs on Superbowl sunday though :).

I eat more natural stuff and I'm into more ethnic foods. Its amazing how natural alot of indian, lebanese and other foods are.

Rarely drink coke, I drink alot of water, still 1-2 Litres a day. I do indulge though... when I go out with friends, I'm not one of those "I must only eat carrots". I try and keep things to normal portions.

As for exercise, in the summer time, I take by bike to work. I have the luxury of having showers and an indoor locker for my bike here at work. Its a 1 hour ride to get to work and 1 hour to get back at night. I do that 2-3 times a week from about May to September.

During the winter months, I took up cross country skiing and my wife and I go out every other weekend. We make weekends of it when we can and actually find a place to stay and explore.

Photography has also helped alot. When its nice outside (or when its not freeze your buns off cold) I'm out walking the streets for 5+ hours.

So I cant say that I have a daily routine that I stick to now. I'm not a fan of just doing what you are told. Same goes with diets...southbeach, atkins, cookie,... they are all temporary quick fixes that throw your system off. You shed pounds, but without an active lifestyle change, you will go back to how you were.

Weight Watchers would be the only diet system that I actually endorse. Not entirely, but mainly because it can teach you how to eat properly...portion size and so on. They have a stupid point system, but the point system does match up to proper calories and meal portions.

Knowledge is important to! Just as with photography, taking the time to learn the basics of how your body works, what sodium will do, different fats and so on is important.

Oh man BBQ??? I live in Kansas City which is THE BBQ capitol of the US, maybe the world LOL. There is a BBQ resturant next door to my work, I have to smell the wonderful meat smoking all day. :drool:

We've cut back to red meat once a week. We have a no meat dinner once a week and it's chicken and turkey in between.

I've just about given up Coke, that is a sad sad breakup for me. I drink about 1 can per week now instead of 1 can per day, it's usually on the weekend.

I am so jealous that you can ride your bike to and from work, I only live 10 miles from my work but the ride is all hiway and no sidewalks so it wouldn't be a safe bike ride. I really wish that my state would make it more alternative transportation friendly. Missouri in one of the "fattest States according to statistics" and I blame a lot of that on the lack of opportunity to walk or rollerblade or ride a bike unless it's in a subdivision. I do live in a nice lake community that has wide sidewalks so during the warmer months I do ride my bike around the lake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back