Pissed off -- suggestions on how to respond?

Most likely the package is at a sort Facility in Mt Pleasant, Not the regular PO.

When I track the package it says "out for delivery" so I think you are incorrect.

The MT Pleasant PO is NOT going to be the delivering PO, Your Local one will..most likely Thursday.

My local Post Office is in MARYLAND, not Pennsylvania.

Plus its just been christmas so the services are probably clearing a bit of an overload from the increased packages along with holiday periods for staff (plus all those people who order stuff right after christmas to "avoid the crunch" and "get the post-christmas deals").

If I were you, I would just take a deep breath....lol Life is too short to freak out about something like this. So you get it later then you wanted. Amazon will make it right in the end.
BTW....I have been doing almost all my Christmas shopping on Amazon for the last 7 years. I have NEVER had a problem w/ them.

:hug:: Hang in there...lol

Most likely the package is at a sort Facility in Mt Pleasant, Not the regular PO.

When I track the package it says "out for delivery" so I think you are incorrect.

The MT Pleasant PO is NOT going to be the delivering PO, Your Local one will..most likely Thursday.

My local Post Office is in MARYLAND, not Pennsylvania.

I know
When the mail man delivers your package ask if he drove 175 miles to deliver it..see the expresssion on his face LOL

I ordered some Cowboy wireless radio slaves from Amazon on 12/28. They were supposed to be delivered to me in Montgomery County, Maryland on 12/31. Long story short--they never arrived. I tracked them today and they are in Mount Pleasant, PA. For those doing the math at home, that's 175 miles from me.

I called Amazon and they were less than helpful. They gave me a $12 credit on the shipping costs for my next Amazon order and told me the package would be delivered by this Thursday. How they know that is beyond me.

I then called the Mt. Pleasant, PA post office and talked to a nice guy--he told me that they did not receive any mismarked packages and everything was out for delivery already. He says that means that whatever package came from Amazon had a Mt. Pleasant address on it.

So my options are as follows:

1. Reorder from Amazon and wait again for delivery (if ever). I don't know if you can buy Cowboy radio slaves from anywhere else? (I'm DONE with Amazon!!)
2. Wait and see if they come back as misaddressed and go from there?

Suggestions? What would YOU do?

I am so PISSED off at Amazon. I had a 3 day weekend to shoot with my new umbrellas and YN 560's and my radio slaves are misrouted. Lovely.

Funny.. I order a ton of stuff from Amazon (both personal and for work) and have never had issues like that! I order 20 to 50 items a week from Amazon (usually in 5 to 7 separate orders).. without issues.

I would suspect the Cowboy Studio as the culprit.. not Amazon. Unless it is sold BY Amazon, they have no real control over this.. and alot of the stuff that is sold on Amazon is third party that is supposed to follow Amazon's rules. Cowboy Studios is one of the cheapest outfits on there, with major quality issue... I suspect their service is much like their products.

Since I know everybody was gravely concerned about my Cowboy units, I thought I'd share with you how this little adventure ended yesterday. See below.

January 3, 201202:56:00 PMClarksburg MD US
Delivered
January 3, 201210:24:00 AMMount Pleasant PA USOut for delivery
January 3, 201209:12:00 AMMount Pleasant PA USArrival Scan
December 30, 201101:29:00 AMCharlotte NC USDeparture Scan
December 30, 2011---Charlotte NC USDeparture Scan
December 28, 201105:13:00 PMReno NV USDeparture Scan
December 28, 201103:58:00 PMFernley NV USArrival Scan
December 28, 2011---Reno NV USDeparture Scan
December 28, 2011---USShipment has left seller facility and is in transit

I don't have the first frickin' clue how or why they went to Mt. Pleasant, PA (or did they?!), but they wound up in my hot little hands yesterday afternoon. So, do I keep them? Now, I'm actually thinking of sending them back. "WTF, why?!" do you say to me?

Because it turns out my YN 560's will trigger when my SB-700 fires without the need for wireless radio slaves, so I may not need them after all. Who knew? :lol:

Yeah, but it is hard to trigger without radio trigger outdoor. I would keep them.

Because it turns out my YN 560's will trigger when my SB-700 fires without the need for wireless radio slaves, so I may not need them after all. Who knew? :lol:

I did!!! :p

I'd keep them and get everything off camera and not have to worry about it if you are in the position of being outdoors or out of range. They're cheap!
I've thrown away more money than that on dumber things!
If you add in studio lights later they can trigger those as well.

A lot of these big distribution companies will ship things to a central depo for sorting before shipping them back out again; which means your package can initially travel a lot further away before it comes closer. Heck half the stuff I oder pretty much goes right past me heading south before it comes back up north again to be delivered.

Most reactions

Back