Please help me choose

Peter55

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys,

I'm lost between buying a new Dslr 3000$+ (nikon d500 + lenses) which will take me a long time to buy, or a new Ipad Pro 12.9" (2nd generation) for 1300$ which is a bit easier to buy.

I have a Samsung Nx300 with an 18-55 lens and i cannot buy new lenses cause they are not available anymore.
I have a laptop and it doesn't support raw files and is slow => i just edit my photos on my smartphone (small screen).

Do you think i should buy a new Editing tool or new gear for better photos ?

Thank you

Only you can answer this.
I would buy the camera and lenses LOL
But instead of the D500 I would get the D750, better low light performance, better files in low ISO and its cheaper then the D500

Honestly it sounds like you need a new laptop first. iPads are great but they are no replacement for a regular computer.

Also there are plenty of cheaper camera options you could go for. Used cameras are fine.

Hello, thank you for your replies, i want the d500 for the high frame rate, new technology and...

If i buy the d500 with used lenses (24-70/70-200) and then something for editing, do you think it's a good idea?

And if i want to buy (24-70/70-200) other than Nikkor for a bit cheaper price, what brand should i go with ?(Sigma, Tokina, Tamron)

And if i buy the Nikkor 28-300 at the beginning then the other lenses, will it be a good idea?
(I don't like changing lenses too much while shooting and i want an All Arround lense)

Or Sigma 50-150 f2.8 and sigma 150-600 contemporary?

Thank you so much and sorry for all my questions

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back