Portfolio collection of portrait shots

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the portraits I've currently got in my portfolio as a freelance photographer. What do you think? Both comments on the photo itself as well as the editing are appreciated. Don't spare me, I can take it! :blushing:

Attachments

• $Mensen_1.jpg
    $Mensen_1.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 151
  • $Mensen_2.jpg
    $Mensen_2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 136
  • $Mensen_3.jpg
    $Mensen_3.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 136
  • $Mensen_5.jpg
    $Mensen_5.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 135
  • $Mensen_6.jpg
    $Mensen_6.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 134
  • $Mensen_7.jpg
    $Mensen_7.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 128
  • $Mensen_8.jpg
    $Mensen_8.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 138
  • $Mensen_9.jpg
    $Mensen_9.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 139
  • $Mensen_10.jpg
    $Mensen_10.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I don't see any of these as portrait portfolio work - street, event? Certainly, but not portrait.

Can you elaborate? Interesting point. I'm just starting out so I don't have any other shots yet.

Portraits are normally posed, planned images, where you have a specific vision of the end result and light & pose the model to achieve that. Event and street photography are not lesser genres, but they don't afford the photographer the same degree of creative control since for the most part, you simply record what you see, using your skills to capture the best image possible.

I'm going to disagree that portraits always have to be posed, but even so, generally the subject is obviously aware of the camera and therefore allows the viewer to connect with the subject in some way.

Watch your framing and cropping. A lot of these photos seem way too tight like you accidentally cut off parts.

I'm going to disagree that portraits always have to be posed, but even so, generally the subject is obviously aware of the camera and therefore allows the viewer to connect with the subject in some way.

Watch your framing and cropping. A lot of these photos seem way too tight like you accidentally cut off parts.
I didn't actually say "always".... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back