portrait c+c please

You know what? If there had been something very cool in the reflection of the glasses, that would have been money. Otherwise...I think its time to take some more photos...

Did you just convert to greyscale, or did you play with the color sliders so you could seperate the greens from the reds?

I played with the color first to try and get some separation from the her hair and the background seems like it didnt work though.

I, for one, see a total reversal of attitude. Not sure if you give a crap, but your slate is clean with me halestorm. Kudos to you for taking a different vector on this. It happens very rarely around here. I'd encourage everyone to give you a clean slate.

Onward and upward.

I'll start over too, no need for me to hold anything against you since you've "manned up" and move on. =)

It's amazing how far you can go with "Sorry!", isn't it? This forum really is a wealth of knowledge and information and I'm glad you had a serving of humble pie and decided to stay. I get where you are trying to go with your post processing, but I agree that this works better in black and white than your first edit. Don't give up! At the same time, don't beat a less than stellar shot to death with post. IMO, one of the most important editing skills to learn as a photographer is when to pass on a mediocre shot, not to try and "rescue" every shot.

To The Traveler: ok well I've been holding a camera since I was 2 years old and my father has been a photography professor at a university for 40 years and I have taken his classes several times and he has used my photography when i was a child several times to show his students what they should be doing with their work so believe me when I say I fully understand the BASICS ASS hole

P.S. I've seen your photography and its hardly art so how about you take your 4077 posts and stay out of mine OK?

One thing you clearly didn't learn in your extensive taking of courses was common civility.

look I know I came off harsh and I'm sorry but u cant go running around acting like everyone is a noob and you dont even know them thats all im saying is it is a bit pretentious to assume I dont know the basics of photography when you dont know who i am.

Well one thing that you certainly don't realize is that you are posting way to small of an underexposed jpeg for people to 'edit' and 'make better'. That's quite a stretch right there. There's really not much image data to work with.

halestorm said:
I feel I'm still not happy with the result I may give up on this shot altogether. I'm trying to get a grasp on the whole portrait thing and failing thus far. I like portraits that really show the personality of the subject but that are also very raw. And yes I do have a certain style that just comes out naturally when I edit photos and so far nobody really likes them so I should probably change that.

p.s. the composition hasn't changed between the first and second photo. So I'm not sure what you meant there. Maybe you could elaborate.

Everyone is not going to like every photo you take just like you aren't going to like every photo someone else takes. However, if you're going to post photos for c&c, you have to be open to what others think and say. People are just trying to help. I'm in no way trying to beat you up about what you have already said, just letting you know that people will be more open to helping you if you accept criticism with open arms and not take it to heart.

It's amazing how far you can go with "Sorry!", isn't it?

Farther than "Ok, let me explain..."?

Ha! Probably. Fortunately, people saying sorry on this forum doesn't happen too often. Otherwise my well thought out scathing comments would go to waste. And sarcasm is a horrible thing to waste!

-edited for content-

I don't think she is by any stretch, but I think your soul is. Try that one on for size. :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Tink go bye bye.........you missed the party!!

Glad to return this evening to find all is well in TPFville...cept Tink that is...not sure what happened there!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back