Portrait of a Skater

Why, someone please inform me, is it impossible for myself to have a different perspective on the photo as users on here? I get a feeling from the original that I don't get with those elements missing that you find disposable. Is that the thing with photo forums, just go along with what everyone else likes and don't dare trying to disagree? :thumbdown:

You seem to mistake general consensus with mob mentality. Why does our opinions seem to threaten your security about the image so much?

I don't get any feeling from the original. I'm not sure that there is anything to feel. I mean, it's a kid standing stoic against a generic urban background. The 1/64th of the frame that the skater takes up is not enough to give the photo context. Maybe my though processes are just not as enlightened...

Can't exif be doctored in CS5? I think I recall Opanda had edit capability too?

James, thanks for re-reading and coming down from the soapbox. ;)

No, the environmental element is a huge part of my style, and IMO without the other person with a skateboard, he's just a guy standing in a park. Boring "just a guy standing there" portraits are not my thing.

I do a square crop from the right side of the guy in the subway shirt to the left and keep the kid on the board and lose the field an powerline.

Most reactions

Back