EONOnly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
blurmyreality.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

Two street portraits made during my last year's trip to China. They were both extremely cool - the man was a photographer and the lady was a dancer. Taking shots of strangers is not something that I'm really used to, so I'd be very helpful if you could give me your thoughts and advices.

You can see more of my street portraits at my blog: Blur My Reality

1208122157.jpg

1208122416.jpg

Thanks!

I have to say, that the shot of the Great Wall in your blog, may be the best I've seen..you are outstanding

I have to say, that the shot of the Great Wall in your blog, may be the best I've seen..you are outstanding

Wow, thank you so much! That was really nice :)

I like these, but I wish you hadn't clipped the elbow on the second one.

Yeah, I kind of agree, but head is already more to the left than to the right and not cropping the elbow would move it even further.

Wow, thank you so much! That was really nice :)

I like these, but I wish you hadn't clipped the elbow on the second one.

Yeah, I kind of agree, but head is already more to the left than to the right and not cropping the elbow would move it even further.

I think you might get away with leaving her elbow in as that would create more space on the right and that's the direction she's looking.

Great photos on your site, by the way. I'm seriously impressed. :thumbsup: :D

Nice shots.

I really like #1. Lots of nice detail, very unique charachter

#2 I'm not a fan of...I'm guessing you were wide so her head looks freakishly big with everything else out of focus... including the cropping it's just not 100% for me

Wow - that really *is* a really good shot of the great wall...

I love the first photo you posted her.. the guys expression is just awesome..

Wonderful pictures and blog!

Did you just randomly ask them if you could take their picture? Haha

Love your blog photos! They're all really great.

Really enjoyed the pictures on your blog, thanks for sharing! I subscribed to your Flickr photostream too :)

Thank you so much for your opinions and kind words! I'm really happy that most of you like my blog - it started as a project at my university, but ended up being the thing that'd I'd like to keep alive. There will be a lot of new content soon, so keep on visiting!

#2 I'm not a fan of...I'm guessing you were wide so her head looks freakishly big with everything else out of focus... including the cropping it's just not 100% for me

That was the point of using 24mm f/1.4G for that portrait - to get that weird look. But I get it that it's not everyone's thing.

Wonderful pictures and blog!

Did you just randomly ask them if you could take their picture? Haha

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. These two were actually asking me to make them that shots!

Really enjoyed the pictures on your blog, thanks for sharing! I subscribed to your Flickr photostream too :)

Thanks a lot! I really enjoyed your photostream - you have really good eye for fine frames. I subscribed to yours too!

EONOnly said:

Thanks a lot! I really enjoyed your photostream - you have really good eye for fine frames. I subscribed to yours too!

Awesome, thanks! I look forward to being updated with your photos in the future

Great shots on your blog!

Most reactions

Back