Oh, gotcha. Next time you are in Lightroom editing one of your shots you may want to try removing some of the Chromatic Aberration/color fringing. It is particularly nasty in the first image you posted. The good news is, it is usually easily removed in Lightroom.
Woah!! Thank you so much for letting me know about this! I went on a google adventure after reading this. Much appreciated!

Pretty good start.
#3 is my favourite.

There's two of you! Sorta! Haha. That's awesome. And thank you! I'm not gonna quit! =]

A Backlit subject and lots of branches is a recipe for CA. Even for the highest quality OEM lenses. Some are better than others at controlling it. Your redo looks nice. Keep shooting.

A Backlit subject and lots of branches is a recipe for CA. Even for the highest quality OEM lenses. Some are better than others at controlling it. Your redo looks nice. Keep shooting.

It was a very cloudy day, haha. I'm taking your advice with editing and going to continue shooting, thank you all for your support and advice. Time to get out there and keep shooting.

It can be tough with an f/8 maximum aperture on cloudy days. I own a similar 500/8 long focus lens. These are challenging to focus by hand and eye on a d-slr, and the 10-meter minimum focusing distance makes closer subjects impossible to shoot unless you have an extension tube mounted between the lens and the camera. I know what this type of lens is like to work with--it is a challenging tool! You are doing okay with it! I like your attitude!

Great start and Good edit on the CA removal.Keep on shooting,it only gets better the more you do it and yes good attitude.

It can be tough with an f/8 maximum aperture on cloudy days. I own a similar 500/8 long focus lens. These are challenging to focus by hand and eye on a d-slr, and the 10-meter minimum focusing distance makes closer subjects impossible to shoot unless you have an extension tube mounted between the lens and the camera. I know what this type of lens is like to work with--it is a challenging tool! You are doing okay with it! I like your attitude!

Thank you so much. I have literally never heard anyone say that me. "I like your attitude" It made me laugh. I appreciate the sympathy. I got that lens for christmas and haven't been able to use it until now. So the more practice I get with it the better. I do have the x2 adapter that I use, but it makes it ten times harder to stabilize without a tripod. I have a shake I'm trying to control. Thank you again for the support! =]

Great start and Good edit on the CA removal.Keep on shooting,it only gets better the more you do it and yes good attitude.

Haha, Thank you so much! I'll be posting more pictures, hopefully good ones, soon!

KalitheArtist said:
I do have the x2 adapter that I use, but it makes it ten times harder to stabilize without a tripod. I have a shake I'm trying to control. Thank you again for the support! =]

Yeah, mine came with a 2x teleconverter...that's just a bad, bad idea...a 1,000mm effective f/16 aperture manual lens....uhhhh, no, just NO!

You know....you COULD use a screwdriver to literally break the glass in that 2x adapter--and THAT would then function as an extension tube, and would probably move the minimum focusing distance down to maybe eight to ten feet, instead of 33 feet. Not kidding...breaking the glass out, then installing that much extension would make the 500mm lens stay 500mm in focal length, but would let you focus on objects at close than 33 feet, which could be very handy.

This type of f/8 500mm lens is mostly a good-weather type of lens. I've found it tricky to mail focus with mine, very challenging. And the thing is long and very light in weight, so a tripod or monopod is a definitely good idea with this type of lens.

KalitheArtist said:
I do have the x2 adapter that I use, but it makes it ten times harder to stabilize without a tripod. I have a shake I'm trying to control. Thank you again for the support! =]

Yeah, mine came with a 2x teleconverter...that's just a bad, bad idea...a 1,000mm effective f/16 aperture manual lens....uhhhh, no, just NO!

You know....you COULD use a screwdriver to literally break the glass in that 2x adapter--and THAT would then function as an extension tube, and would probably move the minimum focusing distance down to maybe eight to ten feet, instead of 33 feet. Not kidding...breaking the glass out, then installing that much extension would make the 500mm lens stay 500mm in focal length, but would let you focus on objects at close than 33 feet, which could be very handy.

This type of f/8 500mm lens is mostly a good-weather type of lens. I've found it tricky to mail focus with mine, very challenging. And the thing is long and very light in weight, so a tripod or monopod is a definitely good idea with this type of lens.

Soooo.... take the magnifying glass piece that's in the middle? Wouldn't it be easier to like... electrical tape something up? And as for a monopod, I have the idea of using a fishing pole holder, (like the belt ones) and use that as a stabilizer that's attached to me. I'm not sure how it'll work, but it seems like a good idea.

I went out on a 3 hour walk today and got some decent pictures. As I was taking them, (using the same lens), i could see the image in the view finder clearly, but the images came out half clear, almost hazy blur. I definitely will try your trick. lol

Most reactions

Back