Prayers for Sm4Him: Best News yet Post 138!

Very sad to hear. I wish her all the best and a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
Praying right now.

Roger

Glad to see she is doing ok.

Hi everyone, first you are all quite welcome for this thread, I'm 100% certain that any one of us that had the information would have shared and our dear Sharon would be on top of it in a heartbeat and she would be making this thread for any one of us.

Sharon hasn't been moved to another room yet, she is still in CCU. Since her sister gave me permission to post anything she posts I will just copy and paste the two updates so I don't miss anything or mess anything up. Keep the prayers and positive energy flowing all!

Update 1: 20hours ago
And, in a happier-sounding update, there's this:

Sharon is getting a little bit better every day. She was finally able to eat yesterday and kept everything down. Today, she walked up and down the hallway with a walker. Each activity wears her out for quite awhile, but it's all progress. She'll get moved to a regular room today.

Update2: 1 hour ago

Well, we didn't make it out of the CCU yesterday after all. Sharon's head pain has remained pretty high. She was at a 10 last night just before they were ready to move her, and she was nauseated and had stopped eating. They decided to find out what was going on. A CAT scan showed that her brain is swelling, which explains the pain and nausea.

So, we're staying in the CCU as they work at getting the swelling down. She's still in a lot of pain, feeling nauseated, not eating, and generally not having much fun.

She's currently got three IV lines in, and they've been through several that have shut down. They need to have some new ones, but already, the pickings are slim. The nurse is talking about the possibility of putting in a PICC line. That may be the best thing, given how fast her lower arm and hand veins are shutting down.

Prayers that she'll start feeling much better soon, please.

Hope the doctors get the swelling down and she has a fast recovery.

Dear Jesus,

You walked on the earth, understood the broken world, yet also rose from death into resurrected life. We pray for Sharon that she would be held at this time in your loving arms. Bless the work of the doctors, surgeons and hospital staff, and bring the power of your resurrection life into their body. Come fill Sharon from top to toe with your restorative Spirit. May your resurrection life bring healing and wellness into her being. May your grace carry her through this hard time into a new season filled with hope and joy.

Amen.

She has been in my prayers these past few day and I'll continue to send positive vibes her way. I hope that this latest setback is quickly resolved so she can begin to feel better.

@PixelRabbit Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

Prayers and hopes that she's feeling better soon.

New update and fingers and toes crossed that she continues to feel better and gets to a room where we can reach out to her.

There's a new plan to release Sharon from the CCU today to a regular room. That was the plan ALL day yesterday, and it never happened. I'm hopeful that it will today.

The surgeon returned and removed her head bandages today, revealing "the world's most expensive bad haircut." She looks like a cross between Frankenstein's monster and a zombie. Especially when they do the neuro test and make her hold her hands out straight in front of her for several seconds. No pics of her new 'do, folks. That one's for her to decide whether she wants it on FB. :)

She's been sitting up in a chair since breakfast, and now she's doing a great job at eating lunch. In other words, it's a much better day than yesterday was. :)

Good news, indeed. Thank you for the update.

New update and fingers and toes crossed that she continues to feel better and gets to a room where we can reach out to her.

There's a new plan to release Sharon from the CCU today to a regular room. That was the plan ALL day yesterday, and it never happened. I'm hopeful that it will today.

The surgeon returned and removed her head bandages today, revealing "the world's most expensive bad haircut." She looks like a cross between Frankenstein's monster and a zombie. Especially when they do the neuro test and make her hold her hands out straight in front of her for several seconds. No pics of her new 'do, folks. That one's for her to decide whether she wants it on FB. :)

She's been sitting up in a chair since breakfast, and now she's doing a great job at eating lunch. In other words, it's a much better day than yesterday was. :)
Good News!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, first you are all quite welcome for this thread, I'm 100% certain that any one of us that had the information would have shared and our dear Sharon would be on top of it in a heartbeat and she would be making this thread for any one of us.

Sharon hasn't been moved to another room yet, she is still in CCU. Since her sister gave me permission to post anything she posts I will just copy and paste the two updates so I don't miss anything or mess anything up. Keep the prayers and positive energy flowing all!

Update 1: 20hours ago
And, in a happier-sounding update, there's this:

Sharon is getting a little bit better every day. She was finally able to eat yesterday and kept everything down. Today, she walked up and down the hallway with a walker. Each activity wears her out for quite awhile, but it's all progress. She'll get moved to a regular room today.

Update2: 1 hour ago

Well, we didn't make it out of the CCU yesterday after all. Sharon's head pain has remained pretty high. She was at a 10 last night just before they were ready to move her, and she was nauseated and had stopped eating. They decided to find out what was going on. A CAT scan showed that her brain is swelling, which explains the pain and nausea.

So, we're staying in the CCU as they work at getting the swelling down. She's still in a lot of pain, feeling nauseated, not eating, and generally not having much fun.

She's currently got three IV lines in, and they've been through several that have shut down. They need to have some new ones, but already, the pickings are slim. The nurse is talking about the possibility of putting in a PICC line. That may be the best thing, given how fast her lower arm and hand veins are shutting down.

Prayers that she'll start feeling much better soon, please.

im surprised they are going through multiple peripheral lines if shes in an intensive care unit...
would have thought a PICC line at the very least, if not a sub-clavicle or IJ central line.
they had best get Sharon fixed up and returned to us in good condition soon...shes already way backed up on birding posts.

Let her know we want a picture of her Frankenstein zombie pose, although it's a little late for Halloween.

Glad to hear better news today, seems like recovery can sometimes be one step forward and two steps back. Look forward to hopefully more good news tomorrow.

Awesome news - glad she's making such progress! Seemed a mite scary there for a bit, but she sounds like she's fighting her way through it. :icon_cheers:

Most reactions

Back