Pretty girl portraits

wow this post got more replies than i thought. i appreciate the advise you guys. however, i've been posting here for quite a while and seem some awesome shots, but one thing i notice is that most people here on this site seems to think photography has rules that must not be broken. I just want to remind everyone that there are guidelines to photography, not rules. the reason i posted these certain pics is because i wanted to play with natural light, even if it is white blaring light behind the subject.

Fleacz, if you have additional information, as in what you were trying to achieve or experiment with... You should add that to your first post. The more info the better. It will also help improve C&C that you receive.

Also, re: rules.

The old adage is "rules are meant to be broken." What isn't stated is that first must be learned in order to be broken. You have to know the "right" ways to break them. Kinda like breaking the speed limit... you have to know how to not get caught ;)

This is why I sometimes hate message boards -

Agreed. This is ridiculous. I love how people get joy out of piling on and feeling like they are part of the "in crowd."

This is why I sometimes hate message boards -

Agreed. This is ridiculous. I love how people get joy out of piling on and feeling like they are part of the "in crowd."

...says the person with the ridiculously insulting first post in the thread.

I think it's interesting that you're playing judge to someone else's post quality, Bryson.

I find it fascinating that you, of all people, are perpetuting a ridiculous thread and taking it off topic instead of addressing the OP's question. Get on with it.

tell me what you think :D

This is what I told the OP that I thought of their photographs:

1 is nice and sharp, but the subject and whatever is in her mouth doesn't do it for me. This also is hurt by landscape orientation.

2 Is more of a serious photo. I am not the fan of selective coloring, as well as the tilted horizon. But your subject is posed in a flattering way compared to photo 1.

3 Is probably the weakest out of all of them. She's too close to the edge of the frame, and the background is very distracting. She's also in a ridiculous pose, facing out of the frame towards the side closest to her.

This is what you told the OP you thought of their photographs:

Garbage, but you already knew that, right?

I find it fascinating that you, of all people, are perpetuting a ridiculous thread and taking it off topic instead of addressing the OP's question. Get on with it.

I answered the OP's question. I gave them critique on the photos they posted. Why don't you do the same instead of being useless?

That's funny jwbryson1.. i remember not so long time ago you had fewer than 100 posts and you piled on me. I do remember telling you that your photo sucked. It is a full circle I guess.

Do yall feel better when you give other members grief? Hell, even the OP has mentioned nada about my post and here you continue to harangue about trivial crap as if it matters. Why not choose to just ignore my post? I responded, I explained my response, I even apologized for misunderstanding the OP's intent, and here we are hours later and you can't let it go. That speaks volumes...

Ok..kids....can we call a truce yet? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back