PassionOfLight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fellow proffesional photographers can you give me some advice?

I was contacted by an art consultation company in Sri Lanka that has a client interested in purchasing my fine art photograph to use in 41 of their rooms in a 5 star luxury hotel there. They want to get a quote from me for a limited copyright for that photo. They mentioned they have a contract that states that as well. I've tried doing some research and can't find my exact situation. I'm thinking around 3 thousand but I don't want to quote too little or too high. This is the largest sell I've had. I have to give my quote by Monday. Any advice or tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you
1f60a.png

Here's the link to the photograph:
Abstract photography, abstract art, fine art, surreal, gold home decor, gold office decor, dark wall art, black, gold, red

Ummm... my math says it should be $2127.88 based on the price you have listed. I'm not intimately familiar with Australian copyright law, but I know it's generally similar to Canadian and I doubt that there is any such thing as a "limited copyright". What you want is a limited use license; a document which spells out the terms of the image's use by the purchaser. Given that you're dealing with International law here, this is something you need to discuss with an IP/International Trade lawyer. Assuming the offer is legitimate of course.

Ummm... my math says it should be $2127.88 based on the price you have listed. I'm not intimately familiar with Australian copyright law, but I know it's generally similar to Canadian and I doubt that there is any such thing as a "limited copyright". What you want is a limited use license; a document which spells out the terms of the image's use by the purchaser. Given that you're dealing with International law here, this is something you need to discuss with an IP/International Trade lawyer. Assuming the offer is legitimate of course.

Sri Lanka is in South East Asia and yes it is legitimate. I think the print would be a larger size they will use so actually if you were to calculate that it would be closer to 4 thousand. Since they will be printing it themselves and it's giving away like a limited copyright and I feel the price should be a different approach. Thanks for the reply though. :)

Sri Lanka is in South East Asia and yes it is legitimate. I think the print would be a larger size they will use so actually if you were to calculate that it would be closer to 4 thousand. Since they will be printing it themselves and it's giving away like a limited copyright and I feel the price should be a different approach. Thanks for the reply though. :)
Okay, fair enough; that makes sense, but again. There's no such thing as "limited copyright". There's licensed usage. It's important to get your terminology correct or you could wind up losing a lot.

Most reactions

Back