Print size for your wall

Well that sucks. I thought we had a crappy wal mart and we have one side of a mini aisle for frames!!

I'm on Long Island so the Walmarts here are nothing like their inner country affiliates. There's a lot that they don't have compared to the Walmart's near me when I was stationed in PA. I think they were called Super Walmarts.
That said it ALL. Gotcha. Guess you get to order from WalMart on-line!

I usually get ready made frames, with archival mats, etc. from Dick Blick online. I just ordered a bunch; they are having a sale right now. I've found their quality excellent and their customer service great.

5x7 but I don't frame them i hang them on a wire via clips and remove them as I get ones I like more allmost all my stuff are street shots and I like to change them out as I get better shots.

for the WALL? Wow. Those are really small! And I find both of them to be incredibly cheap to frame.
I just ordered a 20"x60" for behind my sofa with 3 16x20's below it. I don't think I have anything under a 16x20 on my walls.

I hang them over my desk about 10-15 at a time I like the large grouping keeps me honest about my skills and as I improve the Photos get changed out. I have 3 that have stayed up for a while now so I may print them out and frame them being so very new I don't want to say GOD THIS IS GREAT and print frame hang and 2 years later slap my forehead while saying what was I thinking this is crap........ so string it is for now

16x20 is my favorite size. Not overbearing but not small either. I'm currently saving up to get a LARGE 40x60 canvas done of a recent work that I just finished. Anyone know of a good canvas printing company?

I print on 8x10 paper, normally, cut my own mats, and frame in 11x14 frames I buy online in quantity (well, that's my most usual procedure). The print size and shape varies according to the image, of course. I have some 4x5 contact prints around as well, and a small collection of larger color work, not mine, which are custom framed.

In other words, I'm all over the place on size.

Under $50 is cheap and under $25 is one hell of a bargain.

Yikes LOL. Yeah, I have a much lower standard for cheap. Anything over $10 is expensive lol. On black friday I went to Michael's and bought 8 or 9 frames for $70.

Have you tried making your own? My uncle is big into making his own frames.

Well, hell! Wal Mart has some basic black frames for under $5!

The Walmarts near me are very limited in the framing department. They don't even have an isle, just an end cap.

Well that sucks. I thought we had a crappy wal mart and we have one side of a mini aisle for frames!!

Yeah, what Walmart sells, and it's prices, can be strangely different depending on the area it is located.

I never go to the Walmarts in the nicer areas because they never have any of the good cheap snacks.

For instance, there are two Walmarts about ten miles from each other where I live. One in a upper class neighborhood and one in another type. The other walmart has a stockpile of cheap sweatpants/sweatshirts, the upper class one might have a couple on a hanger. But it did have a stockpile of yoga pants!

The vast majority of my framed personal stuff is custom sized prints.

I buy my custom size framing materials from a variety of sources, and then do the assembly myself.

I only use archival framing methods. Having prints glued to any type of backing is not an archival mounting method. Eventually the chemicals in the glue, and an increase in time of the acidity of the mount material, will eventually damage the print. Archival mounting methods allow the mount material to be freshened as it becomes more acidic over time. The rate that acidity increases depends on the environment where the print is displayed.

It should be noted that el cheapo framing, mounting, and mat materials are usually acidic brand new, so print degreadation begins immediately.

Have you checked places like TJ Maxx or Ross? I find funky frames for home in there all the time.

Depends on the size of the wall. On a bigger wall (like behind a sofa) for a grouping, I'd do 16x20 with some flanking 8x10's, but I love 11x14s mostly or 8x10s matted in 11x14 frames. Hobby Lobby is where I get most of my frames (they're fairly inexpensive but don't look it) and they also do custom if I need it.

^^^Oooooh, I haven't even been to Hobby Lobby yet; we just got one close to my town. Thanks for the reminder :)

I usually enjoy 11x14 prints. The 8x10 is just to small unless you start matting or creating a frame you can put like 3 8x10 images together like a set.

^^^Oooooh, I haven't even been to Hobby Lobby yet; we just got one close to my town. Thanks for the reminder :)
Watch their flyer for the coupons!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back