Pro crop d500

My favorite reviews are people who video opening the box and then reading the spec sheets.

If you can afford the top line camera then why not get it?
But saying they "dissed it" without actual details on why they didn't like it or why it doesn't suit their needs is the equilivant of the people that "diss" leica because it is an overpriced bragging rights pieces.
They say it will be nowhere near the D5 in low light
Duh. Why would it be?
Your looking at FX vs DX and Nikon's top flagship professional model vs a prosumer model. Not to mention a $4500 price difference.

Anyone making the comparison between the two like they were In the same category does NOT know their nikon camera models very well. It's apples and oranges.
They are typical Nikon shooters, I wouldn't buy either
I'm afraid I do not understand what you are getting at. What is a "typical nikon shooter"?
I wonder if it is any different than what I consider a "typical leica shooter".
Leica users don't talk about swapping cameras all the time and having to have features that are not neaded

Of course not. Leica users are far too busy ranting on about how expensive their cameras are to worry about actual camera features.
I have never mentioned how much mine cost but they will still be worth what they are now when a D500 is worth sweet FA

Perhaps the mods can add a "leica" forum in the other directory so gsgary has a place to hang out? He is probably bitter that there isn't a home for him on TPF?

Looks like someone pricing things to switch brands :)
:) Not necessarily, but I get so many questions on my FB page about gear that I am watching the D500 like a hawk (so to speak) For someone that wants to shoot like I do, I am already recommending they hold off a little and wait for reviews on the D500.

I can see why it would appeal to someone like yourself. I don't need one and it appeals to me :) . I don't get all this brand / camera / gear hate that shows up here sometimes. Some people (and I am one) get as much enjoyment out of the nerdy technology side as the photos

Don't need much to produce black and white images on a ridicously overpriced ugly camera. As far as your "friends" that shoot wildlife, who cares, they have not touched the D500. I'm probably a top rated bird photographer in the US and I would pickt the D500 over the D5 because it is better suited to what and how I shoot...
I don't know how you can say a Leica is ugly next to a Canon or Nikon

Don't need much to produce black and white images on a ridicously overpriced ugly camera. As far as your "friends" that shoot wildlife, who cares, they have not touched the D500. I'm probably a top rated bird photographer in the US and I would pickt the D500 over the D5 because it is better suited to what and how I shoot...

Beauty is in the ye of the beholder

Don't know how you could say Nikon or Canon or any camera is beautiful or ugly, they are just black boxes with glass attached...

Leica is just another 35mm camera. You remember.....the budget format.
For the same money or less you could step up into medium format and get real quality.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

For the same money or less you could step up into medium format and get real quality.
I have medium format cameras, it's also different usinv a Leica to other 35mm cameras

I have medium format cameras
Far better than your leicas

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Not funny, I've been sober for over 5 years. To assume one bases personal opinions because of alcohol is quite insulting

I have medium format cameras
Far better than your leicas
Not to hold and use

Most reactions

New Topics

Back