What's new

Probably me best photo

Cool idea, Josh! I like it.. some good ideas here too! Let the camera see your face.. with a really OH CRAP expression on it.. make it comical! :)
 
I like the theme and suggestions above. Also, you may want to turn the umbrella "inside out" as it would be in real high winds...
 
Thx guys, these are some great tips, I'll try to use as many as possible. Btw the competition is called canon's world of eos photo5 2012
 
Jaemie said:
I like where you're going with this: the action and story and color. It's a cool idea!

What I think needs improvement: 1) need to see your face/eyes for that emotional connection; 2) better location - the back yard looks like a ...back yard; 3) needs to be sharper; 4) need a context for the wind (what's its source?) - nothing else in the image is being blown about.

Go have fun!

Ditto

"As I Wander"
 
Just so people can compare, here is my original pic... $iyhkb.webp
 
^^ That's actually a rather cool photo as it is. If I didn't know what you were trying to accomplish, I might think it was some avant garde performance still image. :wink:
 
Haha, it’s amazing how that a background can change the viewers perspective completely
 
Hey I just checked out the competition, it states they want the photos in high resolution. I'd make sure that whatever editing you do can hold up to scrutiny at a high res.
 
Ok thanks for that, these were very high res in ps, but whenever I upload it to TPf, the file is too big, so I have to lower it a bit;) So have you come up with any ideas?
 
This is one of the most original shots I have seen since I joined this forum. Not to mention the most interesting self portrait bar none. I would really love to see you pull off what ever edits you are going to make to see the finished product.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom