What's new

Project31

Day 13

Went to the local ski hill today and it was snowing and visibility was very limited. Shot this inside the gondola with on-camera flash as fill. As you can see in the background, it was pretty socked in. I was hoping for a blue bird day and to get some nice vistas. I'll be sure to go up again this month. And to ski of course.


13/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
Day 14

Our kitchen table top looks like an old barn door and I've always like the grain in it. I used white poster board over head to diffuse and control the light, and tripod mounted the camera to take this shot.


14/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr

10 sec exposure
ISO 200
f/5.6
50 mm

I've noticed that I am doing a lot of b&w this month. Maybe it's a phase but I like the contrasty qualities of b&w and all the snow around here lately is making me feel monochromatic.
 
Day 15

Clearly I need a lot of work with landscape shots......


Day 15/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr


I hate the buoys in this shot and don't have the tools to clone them out.
 
C'mon, these all can't be that bad/good/in the middle that no one has any constructive criticism?
 
I enjoyed looking through what you have so far. I'm a newb so I can't offer a lot of constructive criticism, but I can tell you that you could use the GIMP (free PS like software) to get rid of those buoys. Keep it up!
C
 
Day 17

Sick today so....

my shot of the day is an Instagram of one of my favorite shots from another photog that I purchased while visiting one of my favorite places to visit in the world, Pike Market.


Day 17/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
Day 18

The view from my deck tonight. I've been waiting all month to shoot the sunset but it's just been two cloudy. We don't get much break in the clouds for a couple months here in the winter.


Day 18/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
I enjoyed looking at your photos keep it up You are making me want to start a 30 day challenge
 
There are so many styles and subjects here. Is this deliberate?
If I could make a suggestion for your (or anyone's) next series - chose one subject and shoot it everyday for a month, this is a way to really see what you take.

Just a suggestion...absolutely not a slight on your current project - which is inspired.

ps. Day 9 was not a failure! (one of my personal favourites so far)
 
There are so many styles and subjects here. Is this deliberate?
If I could make a suggestion for your (or anyone's) next series - chose one subject and shoot it everyday for a month, this is a way to really see what you take.

Just a suggestion...absolutely not a slight on your current project - which is inspired.

ps. Day 9 was not a failure! (one of my personal favourites so far)

Thanks for the input. It is deliberate that I have so many different styles and subjects because I wanted to keep it interesting for myself. I also don't yet know what my favorite type of photography is or has a personal style per se so I was using this project as a bit of self discovery.

It would be pretty interesting to have a theme running through the whole project though.

Day 9 does have some nice qualities but technically it isn't very strong. I guess it is still pleasing to look at with the warm light.
 
Here I took out those buoys for you. Not a perfect job but a quick fix.

$8387882971_5fc5c32da4_c.webp
 
Day 19

Alright, so I didn't shoot this today but it is a new edit. Plus, I'm missing summer and wanted some color.


Day 19/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
Cute puppy. The only this that I notice is that it looks to me like the focus in not on the eyes and closer to the snout.
Just my opinion though.

I agree with this but I am no expert.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom