What's new

Project31

Day 20

Sunday Snapshot.

Hanging out with the kids today. I used on camera flash as fill light here and a large window camera left to light the scene. I like the composition of this shot but it is more or less a snapshot.


Day 20/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr

ISO 400
50 mm
f/3.5
1/50 sec
 
Day 21


Day 21/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr

I've been trying for a couple years (since I first picked up a DSLR) to get a decent shot of a Heron but either didn't have a long enough lens or couldn't get close enough. I got lucky today while I was out for a photo walk and got within fifty feet of this one.

Still, this is cropped from the original to improve the composition.

EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
ISO 400
F/5.6
1/100 SEC


 
Day 22

An edit of a shot I took yesterday. I took about 140 so I wanted to share another from the marshes.


Day 22/31 by Boaketography, on Flickr

Cropped from original

ISO 400
f/5.6
1/320

Adjusted exposure, contrast, vibrance and clarity in LR
 
Last edited:
Haha yes.

Well, I did this as a learning experience so I though "what's the harm in working on my processing skills today?"
 
Doesn't mean you couldn't take a picture on Day 22 and process it same-day.
 
Not at all, I think it is a successful image. I just feel there is honor in sticking to the rules we set for ourselves.
 
Day 23

I wish I was taking these things and escaping to somewhere more colourful and warm.


Day 23 by Boaketography, on Flickr
 
It looks a little tilted but I like the concept

Looks that way to me too. I tried to fix it in post and using the grid the lines were even so I must've been positioned slightly to one side and this resulted in some distortion.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom