Quick help with a new delimma please. D60 vs. D3000

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I bought my camera, I also purchased a plan that allows me to bring it or the lens back within two years, get full money back for that item, and apply that money towards something else. I was really interested in the D3000 at the time but the salesman told me they wouldn't get it for a long time and that Nikon was only making so many of them. Well now they have it and I am thinking about taking my D60 back and getting the D3000. What are your opinions of the two?

Or even step up to a D5000

Quit screwing around and get a D90.

Lol, I know I know. I need to do some serious wifey talking to get that one. Everyone tells me that they think I have a natural talent for photography. But with everything I have learned on here, I have become more and more self critical of my own pictures.

Lol, I know I know. I need to do some serious wifey talking to get that one. Everyone tells me that they think I have a natural talent for photography. But with everything I have learned on here, I have become more and more self critical of my own pictures.
My mom kept telling me I was gifted at photography too. It's her comments that have inspired me to become the international hit photography sensation I have.

:D

In all seriousness, get the D90. Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission in a relationship. This is one of those times.

My mom kept telling me I was gifted at photography too. It's her comments that have inspired me to become the international hit photography sensation I have.

:D

In all seriousness, get the D90. Sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission in a relationship. This is one of those times.

I agree with the man. D90 has MANY features over the D3000 and even the D5000 to make it the much better buy. Just go get the D90.

To make it easier.....return your entire D60 kit and buy just the D90 body. Then buy a used 50mm f1.8 from here or even ebay/craigslist (under 100 bucks)....or just buy a 18-55 II (non VR) to get by right now (usually about $65 used). Then the cost difference won't break your bank and you can more easily talk your wife into it.

Then let it settle for about 2-3 months and see about getting a better lens. You have to work the spouses little by little. I have about $2500 in all my gear and trust me....it didn't happen overnight. It was little by little over the past 2 years and using birthday and christmas money and gifts to get there.

Thanks for the advice guys. I almost take it as a compliment that you want me to step into a better camera. It makes me think that you see potential in my pictures and you think that it would take me to a better level.

I had the same debate, turns out im buying the D3000 in a month.

But since everyone is saying this GO D90! you'll be much happier for much longer. I wish I could get one but I dont have the cash right now.

Would I be able to use my 55-200 lens from my D60 on a D90?

Thanks for the advice guys. I almost take it as a compliment that you want me to step into a better camera. It makes me think that you see potential in my pictures and you think that it would take me to a better level.

I haven't seen your pictures (don't think so at least), but I just know that the D90 has MANY features that I find extremely useful that the D60 or D3000 don't have. I used to have a D40 which is pretty comparable to the D60/D3000 and I know there is a world of difference that I couldn't live without now that I have all those extra features and abilities.

And the kit lense on the D90 looks so much bigger than a normal lense. By bigger I mean wider.

Anyone interested in a brand new D3000? Lol

Well I went ahead and got the D3000 because it was just an even swap. And I can say that I am glad. Not because I didn't want the D90, but because my wife tore her ACL last night. Now we will be stuck with those bills. Maybe the D90 one day.

Well I went ahead and got the D3000 because it was just an even swap. And I can say that I am glad. Not because I didn't want the D90, but because my wife tore her ACL last night. Now we will be stuck with those bills. Maybe the D90 one day.

Ahh, I see. I thought you grabbed the D90 already. Set that thing up with some nice glass and your set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back