RE: does this pic have any value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with the demonstration a few posts ago...I don't see any S there. it looks like an out of focus picture taken by somebody who doesnt know how to use their camera...

Its just not good...it has no value in any sense of the word to anybody other than the OP.

If you dont see an "s" youre blind thats all i can say... people are too closed minded on here to appreciate somebodies attempt at art... Its absolutely pathetic.....the funniest part is most of the comments are posted when im not even around, It's like a bunch of retards fighting over a shiney object

Photo

Is this out of focus? I need somebodies expert opinion...

maybe read a little from the page where this image came from??

Last edited by a moderator:
the funniest part is most of the comments are posted when im not even around

I don't get what you are saying...People are supposed to wait till the OP is "online" before posting a response? Oh...wait...Maybe I shouldn't have posted...I didn't check to see if you were online. Everything else aside...That's a little ridiculous to me.

Rialto said:

Is there a link for this one? Where can we get more information on this picture?

If that is your photo it is excellent and a giant leap forward from the blurry cat. Great shot. The cat photo as you can tell from the responses was pretty weak. I have to apologize I thought it was a joke. I like to partake in the evenings as well and thought it may of been a drunk post.

If you dont see an "s" youre blind thats all i can say... people are too closed minded on here to appreciate somebodies attempt at art... Its absolutely pathetic.....the funniest part is most of the comments are posted when im not even around, It's like a bunch of retards fighting over a shiney object

Ok, I have to call troll now.
Gee, that's how a message board works.

http://art.newcity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/the-bridge-12x18-sosin-r300.jpg]Photo
Is this out of focus? I need somebodies expert opinion...

It IS out of focus. Focus is neither out the window, nor on the window.
If not having focus was your intent, that's fine, but you can't argue that it is not out of focus.

All the successful images I have seen using this technique, focused on the water droplets.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is sad that this thread gets more attention than the threads with people that really want and accept feedback, but still.. :thumbup: for a good read! lol

I closed the last thread because it was going no where and it seemed to me that nothing new was going to come out of it. All I saw were more and more members piling in onto the bandwagon - it's not something I like to see at TPF.

My initial reading of this thread was that it was heading the same direction and I was expecting to get to the bottom of this page and send it on its merry way. As it happens, that's not quite the way it's turned out and the discussion may yet have some merit. At the very least I'm not going to close it just yet.

As far as the cat image goes, in my view there is neither technical nor artistic merit in it. I can't though say the same for the second image, which is working better for me on both counts. That's only my subjective view though. There are plenty of images out there that rely on the use of blur for their impact and strike a chord with me personally, such as those of:There are also a few of my own that rely for their appeal on the creative use of long shutters exposures.

The real trick to it is working out what subjects it's going to work on and then practising the techniques needed until you can get predictable results. I think it was Arnold Palmer who once said that "the more I practice, the luckier I get".

Can I also point out to all that name calling or generally insulting other members is not permitted at TPF. Let's try and keep the discussion civilised.

The image of the window has some merit, Rialto. What is the link to the page you mention that it came from? I would be willing to read it and get another perspective.

Hmmm... Rialto's supposed home page is enlightening.
HAHAHAHA
I couldn't stay away from not posting anymore, I mean its been two days I did good :mrgreen:

The S in that picture... is very similar to me taking a photo of a blank wall, finding any random object that is hard to find and saying its art.
Thanks to Chris I now see where the inspiration comes from :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back