Recent Wedding...Meg and Ben (12 pics)

Regards 1 & 2, they just look under exposed. Did you shoot them in RAW as they are recoverable. I've had a play with the jpgs and they do brighten up a bit with some playing around. I'd remove the vignette from these as this adds to the dark look of the images.

Glad you like the comments. You've done a great job and I'm sure the couple will be delighted. Just remember sometimes less is more :) I did a quick edit of No2 but then saw you don't want edits! I can PM you to show you how dark your image is..... or I can delete with no worries.

CHeers
Jim

Thats perfectly fine if you want to send me a PM. Thanks Jim.

Hey thanks Kathi for your great comments! aha, I knew you would eventually do another wedding! LOL. Good for you. I hope it goes great. Be sure to post your pics! :) And are you going to post your nsfw pics? I promise to be objective and professional! ;-)

Yes my moms friends daughter is getting married so.. I was asked to do the pics as they have no other option for pics I said yes. I'm a sucker like that! Oh well, more practice for me no matter what kind right?
And as far as my NSFW photos... I wont post them. It didn't go all that well and I already know what's wrong so coming here and hearing what I know needs improvement, you know what I mean?
(P.S.. If you really want to see them they're in my flickr - but I warn you they suck very much bad!) By the way as far as the poses on those if you do look. They were requested specifically by the people that are using them. :)

I haven't read the other posts, because I wanted this to be just off the top of my head.....
7,8,9 are beautiful.
You got totally boned on the "pros" poses though.....not your fault.
I love the lights in the last few. Very well done. You are a little on the "blue" side though as far as white balance.

I personally LOVE #7, 8 & 9. 8 is my absolute fave though. Great job!!! :D I'm totally jealous!

Thank you EvansMomma. I am very grateful for your kind words. :)

I haven't read the other posts, because I wanted this to be just off the top of my head.....
7,8,9 are beautiful.
You got totally boned on the "pros" poses though.....not your fault.
I love the lights in the last few. Very well done. You are a little on the "blue" side though as far as white balance.

Thanks a ton Cindy. I certainly appreciate your reply. I know I need more work on white balance, but you have definitely taught me a lot about that already. :D

hey, nice job NJ, 4, 8, and 12 are my favorites!! Very well done. My only critique is I wish the posing in number is a bit more sophisticated. That's all.

#6 is my favorite :)

Thanks geminigirl.

hey, nice job NJ, 4, 8, and 12 are my favorites!! Very well done. My only critique is I wish the posing in number is a bit more sophisticated. That's all.

Thank you schumion. I appreciate the kind words. But not sure what number pic you were referring to in your last comment.

And wow, weddings are such a BIG thing in America!
Right!? It's kind of strange isn't it? And I'm from America.
Some people live their lives in wait of their wedding day, and place such importance on it that if it isn't perfect they'll spontaneously combust!

To live in America feels like living in a late night infommercial.
Everyone is so intent on selling the idea that they're as happy as can be, and any deviation from the script is looked at as sin.
It's like an intoxicating lie.
People try to act like real things matter in America, but in reality it's just a business oriented nation.

It doesn't even feel like it's real!

Guest Book shot was a great idea, very creative and very well done

Right!? It's kind of strange isn't it? And I'm from America.
Some people live their lives in wait of their wedding day, and place such importance on it that if it isn't perfect they'll spontaneously combust!

To live in America feels like living in a late night infommercial.
Everyone is so intent on selling the idea that they're as happy as can be, and any deviation from the script is looked at as sin.
It's like an intoxicating lie.
People try to act like real things matter in America, but in reality it's just a business oriented nation.

It doesn't even feel like it's real!

Do I detect a hint of cyncism here? ;-) Fortunately for me, this couple and the families were very fun loving and relaxed, and seemed like they wouldnt really care if a few things didnt go exactly as planned. The way I see it, you will get clients in any profession who are just really perfectionistic and picky, and you will also get ones who are relaxed and more carefree. There are those of us who don't take all the negative things in life quite so seriously. What better way to celebrate a deep commitment between 2 people than to have a ceremony and document it with good photos (not saying that I am any good though ;-)). Its all good if you love what you do. :D

Guest Book shot was a great idea, very creative and very well done

Thanks hudsonp! Really appreciate the nice comment.

Good job love them all. This was your first wedding. WOW.. good job !

Thanks Zen. Always, thank you for the kind remarks.

#8 and #9 are my favs. Great series!

I appreciate your comments Kristi! Thank you.

Love 4, 7, 8, and 12. ^^ What a fun looking wedding!

Thanks geminigirl.

Thank you schumion. I appreciate the kind words. But not sure what number pic you were referring to in your last comment.

Oh sorry, I meant to say number 2. I know it's not your posing but you know....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back