S-bracket bowen mount help

rwalsh81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I'm looking at some soft boxes and snoots and was curious. What's the benefits of using the S-bracket bowen mount over using Velcro? I've seen some great soft boxes and snoots but don't want to buy one just to replace it later.

Velcro is ghetto and a bowens mount mounts right up?

Mounts right up? Can you be a little bit more clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The velcro mounts that I have seen/owned over the past 30-plus years are indeed 'Ghetto' lash-ups best left in more or less permanent position on one,single flash or flash head,whereas mount-specific flash mounts are easily installed/de-installed in seconds with absolute ease and rapidity.

The S bracket lets you use a three lug bayonet mount(Bowens) adapters with softboxes, reflectors with grids etc. You get all the benefits of a studio style strobe head mount with virtually none of the drawbacks that Velcro mounts on a speed light just can’t match. The only benefit of small grids, snoots etc. for speedlights is their size and weight.

If you own an AD200 flash that uses a bare bulb then modifier choices and durability with the S bracket far outway a shoe style mount.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back