Second Boudoir/Sexy shoot - Meet Lisa (Maybe NSFW)

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

I had the opportunity to do my second ever boudoir/sexy shoot today. This lady came to me, very nervous and very body concious. She wanted to do this for herself...for her confidence. So, I did my best!

Here are a handful of the shots so far. I have processed softer this time as I thought it fit better with Lisa.

Any CC is welcome.

15-9-2012 Lisa 3 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

15-9-2012 Lisa 12 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

15-9-2012 Lisa 7 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

15-9-2012 Lisa 8 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

15-9-2012 Lisa 5 by CTS.Studio1, on Flickr

Thanks.

#1 is my favorite by far. great pose, great angle.

No 1 for me is a great pose and soft image, and also really like no 2.. In No 3 I feel the pose is far to open, and would have closed the body around, but feel that the choice of clothing does not help show her body well, causing a difficult session, especially if she is feeling nervous, I would have closed her off more with maybe one arm down to the side??? I hope that she is pleased with your work, and maybe she will come back and build a portfolio with you :)

#1 is my favorite by far. great pose, great angle.

No 1 for me is a great pose and soft image, and also really like no 2.. In No 3 I feel the pose is far to open, and would have closed the body around, but feel that the choice of clothing does not help show her body well, causing a difficult session, especially if she is feeling nervous, I would have closed her off more with maybe one arm down to the side??? I hope that she is pleased with your work, and maybe she will come back and build a portfolio with you :)

Thanks. The choice of clothing meant that she could open up a little for the later shots. Her first choice of clothes (as in image 1 and 2) showed her tummy which she didn't like to show. Not a problem when posing as in number 1, but when standing she needed to cover up (for herself, not for me. :) )

I know what you mean about "closing" the pose a little, and we do have a few like that. She has seen a couple of shots so far, and she is over the moon...her confidence boosted no end. Whether she will come back is another matter, she just needed this one time to show she could. And she could! :)

Cheers

BTW, are you guys seeing 3 or 5 images? The last two are not showing, even for me...just links. Could be me and my cache, I suppose. :)

Seeing all 5 now, was only 3 at first, and actually No 5 is also really good, the tatoo really helps stop the eye and adds to the depth of the image.. Shame that the Model looks as if she is pressing hard on her hand and has made the fingers red..

Seeing all 5 now, was only 3 at first, and actually No 5 is also really good, the tatoo really helps stop the eye and adds to the depth of the image.. Shame that the Model looks as if she is pressing hard on her hand and has made the fingers red..

Thanks. Good spot - I could try and sort the hand and bring it back in line with the rest of the skin.

Thanks for that. :)

I'm seeing these on my phone, but how much skin smoothing did you do in post?

This style often pushes the boundaries of plastic vs real, but there appears to be almost no texture to her arms and legs.

I am torn between:

- yeah, smile big and OWN your kind-of-snaggly teeth
- for god's sake close your mouth - pout and stuff, but keep them teeth covered

Generally more tension in the body is a good thing, she's just kind of chillin in a number if these. Even hot chicks ain't all that just chillin, and this girl's looks have some issues that want help. Not that she's ugly, but she is regular-looking in a lot of ways, and I am assuming she wants flattering images as opposed to real/honest images?

Twist and tension are your friends, if you want to look "hot".

You nailed the exposure on these, and I don't see the teeth as a huge issue; no, they're not perfect, but they're not horribly bad either, and they are "her". Where I do think you slipped those was in the little details... for instance, running a comb through her hair, especially in #s 7 & 8 would have really improved things, as would making sure that the ruffle on her [whatever you call that red top she's wearing]; in #7, it's up, down, up, down... twisted all around. Those are very minor nits, but nits none the less! ;)

I like that she is showing the teeth despite them being imperfect. We live in such a world where anything less than perfect seems to be expected to be hidden or covered up. So now she can't smile in pictures, because of her teeth...seems a little less than realistic since she's not like that in real life. As confidence builders, I hope she likes these pictures because she is beautiful in her own way and these pictures, particularly 1 and 2 really flatter her. In the others, I find the white a bit harsh for her, or maybe bland, I'm not sure which direction I'm leaning in...but it seems bare and sterile, rather than being sexy/romantic or daring. I think you did well and I hope she loved these!

I'm seeing these on my phone, but how much skin smoothing did you do in post?

This style often pushes the boundaries of plastic vs real, but there appears to be almost no texture to her arms and legs.

There's more smoothing and some "glow" on the ones with the purple BG, but there is still detail in them. On the white BG there's a lot more detail than it appears with small images. I've just been back to the full size JPG (not the shrunk versions here) and detail is more apparent (can see the little hairs on the arms etc.).

I am torn between:

- yeah, smile big and OWN your kind-of-snaggly teeth
- for god's sake close your mouth - pout and stuff, but keep them teeth covered

Generally more tension in the body is a good thing, she's just kind of chillin in a number if these. Even hot chicks ain't all that just chillin, and this girl's looks have some issues that want help. Not that she's ugly, but she is regular-looking in a lot of ways, and I am assuming she wants flattering images as opposed to real/honest images?

Twist and tension are your friends, if you want to look "hot".

No reason to ask her to shut her mouth. The reason she wanted to do these is to gain self-confidence. She grew in confidence in the studio, and even more so once she saw a couple of the resulting pictures. Her favourite so far is the second of this set here, teeth and all. She did want flattering images, yes, but neither did she want pictures of somebody else...

You nailed the exposure on these, and I don't see the teeth as a huge issue; no, they're not perfect, but they're not horribly bad either, and they are "her". Where I do think you slipped those was in the little details... for instance, running a comb through her hair, especially in #s 7 & 8 would have really improved things, as would making sure that the ruffle on her [whatever you call that red top she's wearing]; in #7, it's up, down, up, down... twisted all around. Those are very minor nits, but nits none the less! ;)

Yeah, the hair. One drawback of my studio is the temperature...we had a fan on. Where I went wrong was to have a less powerful fan - blow the hair loads or not at all, I suppose.
The corset (if that's what it is) I also agree...just never noticed. I did spot loose threads from it in other images, but not the lacy bits you spotted. Thanks.

I like that she is showing the teeth despite them being imperfect. We live in such a world where anything less than perfect seems to be expected to be hidden or covered up. So now she can't smile in pictures, because of her teeth...seems a little less than realistic since she's not like that in real life. As confidence builders, I hope she likes these pictures because she is beautiful in her own way and these pictures, particularly 1 and 2 really flatter her. In the others, I find the white a bit harsh for her, or maybe bland, I'm not sure which direction I'm leaning in...but it seems bare and sterile, rather than being sexy/romantic or daring. I think you did well and I hope she loved these!

Thanks. She does like the ones she's seen so far, and the confidence has been well and truly boosted, both in the studio, and seeing the results. The white BG works for some, I suppose. I agree that with this set, and this model, it wasn't as good as with the last model. Different people. I should have loooked to a different BG for this lady. This is part of my learning curve at the moment...:)

Cheers

That's why I was torn about the teeth ;)

Awww well it sounds like what you were trying to accomplish was accomplished. I really loved the purple behind her in the first two...it seemed to bring out her gorgeous eyes like crazy.

I agree, and just want to add: A gap between the front teeth was considered a sign of a passionate, erotic nature. In Canterbury Tales, Chaucer give the Wife of Bath that characteristic to show she is lascivious.
I found her choice of costume working against her goal for the pictures. It looks too much like a costume, like what someone would wear to pretend to be sexy. Granted, tastes differ, but the first two shots looked sexy and classy to me, and the last three didn't look either. But the goal was to give her what she was looking for, and if it worked , it was a success.

Love 1 and 2...

You got her eyes drawing the viewer right in on the second one!! Love it!

Does Lisa know she's on here...

Regards

Most reactions

New Topics

Back