Smoking is Bad.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But bad boys are sexy.

Feel free to chime in on how smoking is terrible, and intentionally photographing people smoking and making it look good is morally wrong and we should never photograph anyone smoking... Ow! I think I just sprained my eye. :roll:

EOS 5D (MKI)
1/1250 sec
50mm
f/1.4
ISO 250

B&W done in post.
justin_by_danostergren-d7sbpe4.jpg

Feel free to chime in on how smoking is terrible, and intentionally photographing people smoking and making it look good is morally wrong and we should never photograph anyone smoking... Ow! I think I just sprained my eye!

Wow! I think this is my most favorite shot you have ever done!

I like the grill light pattern on exactly one quadrant of his face.

Love love love! I agree about the watch - without it, the picture becomes timeless.

yeah... love it

great shot, as always

Really moody piece, dark and gritty. Can't help but really like this. The eyes are perfect.

Glad you guys like it. I agree the watch takes a bit from it being timeless (no pun intended), but I still like what it adds to the shot. It's not such a new age look that it looks out of place, and I still think it's stylish and subtle.

You either know a picture works or you don't, this one clearly works and there is no confusion about it.

Agree with everyone else, but there is something weird going on with his left shoulder.

The more I read critiques, the more I see (maybe look for) things that still don't bother me. I'm hoping it's a sign of photography growth.

Back to the photo. It reminds me of a war movie scene where he is having his first smoke after a nap and about to get out of a bunker to go kick some bootay!

Most reactions

Back