So abandon house shots you guys take.

What worries me the most is security confiscating my gear, can they do that?

Yes, they can take your gear. They can also shoot you, tie you up and dump your body in the lake. They can steal your identity and empty your bank account. They can draw smiley faces on your forehead and tie your shoelaces together.

Now, whether any of their actions are LEGAL, well, that's a different story.

As an eternal optimist I would caution that you could be hassled by the cops, injure yourself, get trapped/assaulted, savaged by multiple attack dogs, falsely accused of criminal damage/theft. :)

Shooting in abandonned building and get caught should be the last of your worries. I try to always ask the owner of the place just to know if the place is "secure". Some old building are abandonned for 1 simple reason, they are falling down.

I've gone into places where they had signs and no signs. The worst thing they can do is write your name and ban you from the site.
Have you ever seen Deliverance?

Is this reference too old, maybe Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
How loud can you squeal?

or...

It rubs the lotion on it's skin, or else it gets the hose again.

I've not seen Deliverance, but Texas Chainsaw Massacre yes, and the camera crew part... I think I know where you're getting at Lol!

I guess just go to Illinois, if you get caught, just tell them Subsucks family said it was ok.

Really? And where did I say it's OK? You made an incorrect statement and I corrected it. Any time you have contact with law enforcement, whether the end result is arrest or not, your personal info goes into the data base. That's pretty standard practice. This may come as a surprise, but cops have great latitude on whether they take you in or not for something like misdemeanor trespassing. They'll base their decision, in part, on prior contact for the offense. Gee, wonder how they know if you've had prior contact or not?

but I doubt they will get out their "notepad" and jot your name down to save for future reference that you have been banned...

Coming from a family with a fair number of people in law enforcement, that's exactly what they do. If you're simply taking photos, you'll be warned, and your personal info will be taken down. If you get caught there again, you'll be taken in. Obviously if you're there committing vandalism, under age drinking, etc., you'll be hauled away on a first offense.

Coming from a group or UE'ers, there's been times when people have been arrested on the first offense.

1836121522_59d49b8041_z.jpg

1835279009_df1ee05b79_z.jpg

1831840889_c7f9a14422_z.jpg

Cool shots Will, gotta love UE.

I break in.

Haven't been caught. I have an invisibility cloak.

but I doubt they will get out their "notepad" and jot your name down to save for future reference that you have been banned...

Coming from a family with a fair number of people in law enforcement, that's exactly what they do. If you're simply taking photos, you'll be warned, and your personal info will be taken down. If you get caught there again, you'll be taken in. Obviously if you're there committing vandalism, under age drinking, etc., you'll be hauled away on a first offense.

Coming from a group or UE'ers, there's been times when people have been arrested on the first offense.

1836121522_59d49b8041_z.jpg

1835279009_df1ee05b79_z.jpg

1831840889_c7f9a14422_z.jpg

I really love that last image!

I guess just go to Illinois, if you get caught, just tell them Subsucks family said it was ok.

Really? And where did I say it's OK? You made an incorrect statement and I corrected it. Any time you have contact with law enforcement, whether the end result is arrest or not, your personal info goes into the data base. That's pretty standard practice. This may come as a surprise, but cops have great latitude on whether they take you in or not for something like misdemeanor trespassing. They'll base their decision, in part, on prior contact for the offense. Gee, wonder how they know if you've had prior contact or not?

Hey....Simmadownnow

There was a "lol" behind that sentence.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back