Some girls never grow up.....

JustJazzie said:
Admittedly, this entire image is really a cheep knock off. She also gave me the "bounce a strobe off a wall and through a huge diffuser" idea.

So, is that how this was lighted? Did you use your monolights to light this? Some people might like the hear how this was lighted.

I have a molded white translucent piece of plastic that fits over the front of my speedlight. It seems to diffuse well enough, especially when bounced.

Strobes are on my wish list, along with a bunch of things.

Hmmm . . .
No, not glaring.

I like the second a little better than the first, because I can see your hands.

Oh, and :586:

Nope - no preggo. ;)

Is there a way to set up your shots so you are in front of a large-ish screen (assuming the software works)? Kind of like placing a teleprompter where you want to be looking.
"gastric distress" just doesn't sound pleasant I suppose.
My screen is definitely adequate for viewing, but my eyes are not, and if I leave my glasses on so I can see the screen, then I deal with my glasses cutting through my eyes. (The "real" me)
15273859819_328b8b21ec_b_d.jpg

JustJazzie said:
Admittedly, this entire image is really a cheep knock off. She also gave me the "bounce a strobe off a wall and through a huge diffuser" idea.

So, is that how this was lighted? Did you use your monolights to light this? Some people might like the hear how this was lighted.
Yes, I used my strobe. I pinned a white shower curtain to the ceiling between camera left and the wall. I actually mocked up a second diffusion panel from my softbox as well. I aimed the strobe at the wall on full power. And I placed a white reflector camera front/right. My settings were 1/200 iso 320, and f4.

Well I'm 30 and I still like to play dress up and take pictures too. In fact, I spent probably too much time last week trying to take a shot of myself against a white background and put it in a fantasy woodland background and adding fairy wings. I justified it by saying I was trying to become more skilled at compositing and/or using digital backgrounds but in reality, a lot of it had to do with me wanting to be a sparkly fairy since I was like, 4.

Your lovely shot here has inspired me to play princess again before too long. If you haven't grown up, then neither have I, and there's nothing wrong with that!! ;-)

Oh, and how did you wrap that window scarf? I've stared all afternoon at a sheer white one that's gone unused and taken up residence on my rocking chair the last couple weeks. It does need a new home. But my "repurposing" skills start at "pick it up" and end at "it's unfolded, now what?"

Pretty damn sexy.

Well I'm 30 and I still like to play dress up and take pictures too. In fact, I spent probably too much time last week trying to take a shot of myself against a white background and put it in a fantasy woodland background and adding fairy wings. I justified it by saying I was trying to become more skilled at compositing and/or using digital backgrounds but in reality, a lot of it had to do with me wanting to be a sparkly fairy since I was like, 4.

poidh.gif

View attachment 86028

Oh no, they did not turn out well, I gave up... :lol: Seriously :ambivalence: Not sure how to make it look like I belong there. I promise if I can get one where I don't look like a cartoon character, I will share :angel:

My screen is definitely adequate for viewing, but my eyes are not, and if I leave my glasses on so I can see the screen, then I deal with my glasses cutting through my eyes. (The "real" me)
15273859819_328b8b21ec_b_d.jpg

No reflection from the lenses, and can I still see your hands. :thumbyo:
I like the color a bit more, but I like this one, too,

I still say :heartpump::heartpump:.

Oh no, they did not turn out well, I gave up... :lol: Seriously :ambivalence: Not sure how to make it look like I belong there. I promise if I can get one where I don't look like a cartoon character, I will share :angel:

My youngest wanted a pair of wings for a shoot he was doing as a school project. We ended up making them from cellophane, coat hangers, poster board and ribbon. The looked like a cross between a fairy and a cicada, but workout out for him. I've got a photo of one somewhere - If I can find it I'll post it in the Leaderboard thread.

Sorry Jazzie; end if hijack.

Oh, and how did you wrap that window scarf? I've stared all afternoon at a sheer white one that's gone unused and taken up residence on my rocking chair the last couple weeks. It does need a new home. But my "repurposing" skills start at "pick it up" and end at "it's unfolded, now what?"
Well this is kind of hard to explain so stay with me.
Wear a bra.
First I draped it evenly, forward around my neck.
Next, I took the end around my arm and went up through the "neck loop" (Repeat on other arm)
Cross them in the back to tighten things up, bring one side around front and gather neatly across your bust, then shove it down the top of your bra, repeate on the other side.
play with the fabric until it gathers how you want it. I did have to pin the bust to the sleeves to hold it in place. I hope that made some sort of sense....
Pretty damn sexy.
:Blush: That is quite a compliment coming from you, Runnah. I truly admire your work!

My youngest wanted a pair of wings for a shoot he was doing as a school project. We ended up making them from cellophane, coat hangers, poster board and ribbon. The looked like a cross between a fairy and a cicada, but workout out for him. I've got a photo of one somewhere - If I can find it I'll post it in the Leaderboard thread.

Hijack away!! Every good conversation takes a turn for the better when it is derailed!

No reflection from the lenses, and can I still see your hands. :thumbyo:
I like the color a bit more, but I like this one, too,

I still say :heartpump::heartpump:.

I agree! This one was turned b&w out of "sheer" nessessity.

Hijack away!! Every good conversation takes a turn for the better when it is derailed!

I have a pair of wings I got like 10 years ago that are made from white pantyhose, and wire hangers! I wore them for dress-up-day for Halloween at work, now my girls play with them. I also have a pair of black angel wings I got from Wal Mart that I still wear to our annual Halloween bonfire. They don't look good in pics though because of the elastic you stick your arms through to hold them on. The whole fairy/angel wing thing is a *small* obsession of mine... :lol:

Well this is kind of hard to explain so stay with me.
Wear a bra.
First I draped it evenly, forward around my neck.
Next, I took the end around my arm and went up through the "neck loop" (Repeat on other arm)
Cross them in the back to tighten things up, bring one side around front and gather neatly across your bust, then shove it down the top of your bra, repeate on the other side.
play with the fabric until it gathers how you want it. I did have to pin the bust to the sleeves to hold it in place. I hope that made some sort of sense....

Yes that kind of made sense! Thank you!

Most reactions

Back