Some girls never grow up.....

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, my name is Jazzie, Im 26 years old, and I still like to play dress up and take photos. It started when I was about 9 with a disposable camera, yes I still have those photos..... :giggle:

Anyways, I gave my studio strobes another go last night. I tacked a white shower curtain to the ceiling and bounced the flash off a wall, through the curtain, (camera left) I had a large white reflector camera right.
I really struggled editing these because my background sadly wasn't wide enough. Is it glaring?

C&C always coveted.
15471614302_bafa0e7bb4_b.jpg

Last edited:
No, not glaring.

I like the second a little better than the first, because I can see your hands.

Oh, and :586:
(Kidding really - I have a son your age)

I think the setup for these actually works quite well. I'm not fond of #1; it looks like you're either pregnant or in gastric distress. #2 on the other hand is very nice; I think if you try again and turn your torso a little farther (You're almost square to the camera), and don't push your eyes around so far, it will be even better! I think this nice, soft light works very well for the style of image. Well done!

A son???? I've got socks older 'n her!!!!

No, not glaring.

Thank you!

I think the setup for these actually works quite well. I'm not fond of #1; it looks like you're either pregnant or in gastric distress. #2 on the other hand is very nice; I think if you try again and turn your torso a little farther (You're almost square to the camera), and don't push your eyes around so far, it will be even better! I think this nice, soft light works very well for the style of image. Well done!

You are the second one to say I look pregnant here! :blush: Unfortunately, turning to the side turned the "is she?" To "when are you due?" :giggle: so square to the camera was the only way for this "dress" which was actually a window scarf carefully wrapped.

I really, really struggle with posing and eyes in self portraits. I need to find a way to tether in live view, and maybe that could help?

No, not glaring.

Thank you!

You are the second one to say I look pregnant here! :blush: Unfortunately, turning to the side turned the "is she?" To "when are you due?" :giggle: so square to the camera was the only way for this "dress" which was actually a window scarf carefully wrapped.

I really, really struggle with posing and eyes in self portraits. I need to find a way to tether in live view, and maybe that could help?
You did a good job! I do agree with the gastric distress comment about #1 because of the way you have your hand.

Also, excellent job making the the "dress"!

?[/QUOTE]
You did a good job! I do agree with the gastric distress comment about #1 because of the way you have your hand.

Also, excellent job making the the "dress"![/QUOTE]

That it! I'm taking down the "maternity shot" before I embarrass myself further. *blush*

I never said it looked like a maternity shot. I thought it looked a bit like you were heading towards NSFW, but not maternity.
I don't remember what you shoot, but if it's Nikon, try downloading Camera Control 2 for the trial period and see if it works with live view.

You are looking mighty fetching in that window drape there, Jazzie! I've seen some creartivelive.com sessions in which high-level professionals used fabrics and accessories like the pearl strands, ribbons, bias tape, lace strands, and so on to make gorgeous gowns and dresses out of a few yards' worth of simple fabric, as you did here so well. This turned out to be a pretty good selfie!

I never said it looked like a maternity shot. I thought it looked a bit like you were heading towards NSFW, but not maternity.
I don't remember what you shoot, but if it's Nikon, try downloading Camera Control 2 for the trial period and see if it works with live view.
Hmm...I must have completely misunderstood the comment then.
I did use nikon here. A trial is a good idea! Not sure if it will help because I can't see without my glasses on, but it's worth a shot!

You are looking mighty fetching in that window drape there, Jazzie! I've seen some creartivelive.com sessions in which high-level professionals used fabrics and accessories like the pearl strands, ribbons, bias tape, lace strands, and so on to make gorgeous gowns and dresses out of a few yards' worth of simple fabric, as you did here so well. This turned out to be a pretty good selfie!
I guess now is the time to confess that I follow Sue Bryce on Facebook then? ;-)

I guess now is the time to confess that I follow Sue Bryce on Facebook then? ;-)

Yeah...Sue is one of the people who is simply expert at this type of fabric to gown magic!

Hmmm . . .
No, not glaring.

Nope - no preggo. ;)

Is there a way to set up your shots so you are in front of a large-ish screen (assuming the software works)? Kind of like placing a teleprompter where you want to be looking.

Yeah...Sue is one of the people who is simply expert at this type of fabric to gown magic!
Admittedly, this entire image is really a cheep knock off. She also gave me the "bounce a strobe off a wall and through a huge diffuser" idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back