Start up lights for studio, family and portraits shots.

Hmmm. With the advent of T12 and T8 fluorescent-replacement LED lamps, do any of these lamps produce a wide enough spectrum to act as floods? I could see someone building a mechanism to stand a pair of them on-end to illuminate a subject with a column of light, and since they're LED, it might be possible to drive them with DC, as in from a battery source...

Hmmm. With the advent of T12 and T8 fluorescent-replacement LED lamps, do any of these lamps produce a wide enough spectrum to act as floods? I could see someone building a mechanism to stand a pair of them on-end to illuminate a subject with a column of light, and since they're LED, it might be possible to drive them with DC, as in from a battery source...

The big issue with these is CRI, they are really lacking in R9 with doesn’t help with skin tone. The other issue is output requiring high ISO and fast glass.

Best to not limit future use and creative possibilities, go with battery powered units.

Studios arent usually outdoors...

Where does the OP specifically say “studio only”?

The thread title includes studio, family and portraits. The latter two could be shot anywhere including environmental ‘family and portraits’.

Where did he say TTL and Battery only? I was simply presenting another budget option for studio lights at 1/5 the price [of the xplor400] for the same power output.

The OP didn't specifically mention TTL and battery however, the flashes they originally asked about "Thinking of buying Godox V1 and Godox AD200pro." are TTL and battery. So by deduction one can assume these features were/are attractive to the OP otherwise they might have asked for other options including purely manual AC powered units. All of the suggestions by other posters with the exception of yours, were in alignment with the OP's original equipment inquiries.

I wish you could see how hard im rolling my eyes right now. It's really impressive.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back