Suggestions on making a toy seem BIG, and Destructive

Buy some cheap hotwheels that are metal. Hammer them to crush them and put a few under the tires, some laying behind in the wake of destruction and a few pristine ones in front that it hasnt reached yet. Use the widest angle, shot low and close. Could add some blur in photoshop to mimic movement.

LOVE this idea! This is going to be the funest shoot ever!

Buy some cheap hotwheels that are metal. Hammer them to crush them and put a few under the tires, some laying behind in the wake of destruction and a few pristine ones in front that it hasnt reached yet. Use the widest angle, shot low and close. Could add some blur in photoshop to mimic movement.

I like this idea... It would be cool too if you maybe set the hotwheels in the background on fire a little bit. Just like a dab of lighter fluid, light then snap the shot. :lmao::lmao:

If we are going to that extreme why not get explosions and all. HAHAHA!!!

I think you need to make the aperture really small so your depth of field is very deep so everything is in focus. So you will need longgg shutter.

Aye this, but make sure it's big enough that the wall behind the toys is out of focus. It'll help with the illusion that all the toys are on the same plane (to make the truck look even bigger).

- Green screen the truck into real life situations where you exaggerate the size of the truck (just a little) Junkyards, mud bog or 4x4 settings where other real trucks are and wow, there's his right there in the mix!

- Also place him into the truck for a personalized addition, or you standing out side showing him just how big his truck really is... Bigger then Daddy! (PS)

- Get some action shots of the truck in action. motion blur or "panning"

- Set up a Survival jungle adventure through a thick bog the truck exploring through a foggy (dry ice) jungle (grassy, muddy, back yard).

Give it steroids and festoon it with NFL team decals.

Following the crushed cars idea, put a mound of them (or a box underneath them) to get the truck higher off the ground so that when you lay low for your shot you're actually lower than the truck. Imagine on your knees looking up at a real Monster truck kind of angle. Do it outside so your background will be the sky.

I think you need to make the aperture really small so your depth of field is very deep so everything is in focus. So you will need longgg shutter.

Just the opposite. a small aperture with a very deep area of focus provides TOO much detail and makes the whole shot look phoney and set-up.

Put the truck in a sandbox and build "hills" in the background that will be out-of-focus due to a controlled depth of field by your lens being close to wide open or in mid range depending on the focal length you use. Put the front wheels up higher than the back wheels and shoot from a low angle up close.

Another good background outside would be a large rock face of the type that you see in many cottage areas, but again limited depth of field to blur out any details that will make the image appear phoney and set-up.

skieur

Wow... This are amazing ideas, very creative! I will work on this tonight or tomorrow!!

Use your lenses lowest focal length to give it a really wide feel, I love the idea of placing small objects next to it. I'd take it outside onto some concrete (not grass, since that'll show in the photo) and use the sky as my background as opposed to it being in the house which could make some other things in the house visible make it appear smaller.

You could also go to a pet store and get "Fish Rocks" (the rocks they put at the bottom of fish tanks). They sell authentic gravel-colored rocks and if done right would probably make the picture look like the monster truck is rolling over 3ft rocks

so lets see the pics

Most reactions

Back