The Canadian Rockies (some from the archives)

Ann75

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everybody,

My first post of photos on this forum. These are some from the archives and taken with my old 1.3 megapixel camera in the summer of 2005. I hope you like them.

Thanks for looking,
Ann :)

Photo 1: Bow Lake, Banff National Park

BowLake.jpg

Photo 2: Moraine Lake, Banff National Park

DSC00098.jpg

Photo 3: Peyto Lake, Banff National Park

Peyto.jpg

Great locations :D
Been there, done that...but I would do it again in a hart beat.

We had a meet-up in the Rockies last summer, check the link in my sig to see some of the photo.

Hey Big Mike,

Thanks for dropping by! Oh yes, I have seen your photos already...they are FANTASTIC. The Canadian Rockies are the most beautiful area I have ever seen in my life and so far I have been able to visit a few times. I hope to go again soon.

Take care,
Ann :sillysmi:

Nice shots Ann75!!

I have been to Moraine Lake before, but don't have any pics. It is a beautiful area!!

Ann75, I think I'm becoming a fan of yours. I like all the compositions.

wow, whats the water temp???

wow, whats the water temp???

This water is very cold as it comes from glacier runoff as Big Mike mentioned already. Some people also wonder about the color of these lakes. Well, here is an answer to that:
These lakes are can thank their brilliant blue color to the light filtering effect of rock flour (a powdery substance that the glaciers grind off the mountain rocks) in the glacial runoff.

The rock flour suspended in the water filters out much of the light spectrum except for blue and green leaving this remarkable turquoise blue color. The rock flour might also leave that milky look to the water. That's why each lake looks different and each lake might look different on the same day. For example, in the morning it's like a mirror and in the afternoon it's blue. Big Mike has a photo of the Bow lake (the lake in my first photo), but with beautiful reflections: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89064 photo #18

Greetings,
Ann :sillysmi:

Very impressive series. Great compositon, and you knew how to use that camera well.

Dang Ann ! your making all mine look ummmmm Mmmmm not so gooood :) Nice work you have been doing these are just breath taking

Most reactions

New Topics

Back