What's new

The Chemically Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had hot toddies last night with my wife's friend and her boyfriend. he thought that there were these secret walls that could be activated which would turn Manhattan into a concentration camp.

where does this stuff even come from?
 
we had hot toddies last night with my wife's friend and her boyfriend. he thought that there were these secret walls that could be activated which would turn Manhattan into a concentration camp.

where does this stuff even come from?
WTF???? Hahaha
 
There should be a sign over the door to TPF 'Abandon hope all ye who strut in here.'

I don't know about that. Perhaps "Check Your Ego at the Door. We are not responsible for broken hearts."
 
Aw, did you guys scare him off? I wanted to see what he had, especially after all of that lead-up.
 
The OP's attitude is childish and pompous, but the attitude is a separate entity from the photos.

And some of these replies aren't?

I think, you guys could have given him/her the benefit of the doubt and waited until some photos showed up before completely trashing him/her...

It's not like it would have cost you anything...:er:



This is the internet people...not reality...
 
The OP's attitude is childish and pompous, but the attitude is a separate entity from the photos.

And some of these replies aren't?

I think, you guys could have given him/her the benefit of the doubt and waited until some photos showed up before completely trashing him/her...

It's not like it would have cost you anything...:er:



This is the internet people...not reality...
That's about the nicest comment I've seen in here. Seriously, people!! This is just the kind of nonsense that we're trying not to cultivate, but some of you can't seem to resist a new round of "skewer the newbie". Don't talk to me about where else the user posted, his history, his semantics, etc. He didn't stand a chance because he didn't post his images in 24 hours....?

This thread is a poor reflection on TPF. :thumbdown: For all of you in the "There's no bullying here" crowd, re-read it and watch the momentum.
 
I think I got a little carried away. However, I do think abandoned psychiatric hospitals are a loaded subject which rely a lot on stigma in order to work. I can appreciate abandoned places, but when the "psychiatric hospital" part of the location is the focus, as it certainly appears here with the "chemically abandoned" tagline - a title which I find repugnantly offensive.
 
I've removed the snarky portion of my post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom