What's new

The Chemically Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I never knew photographers were like this.

I guess tpf isn't for me.
 
we had hot toddies last night with my wife's friend and her boyfriend. he thought that there were these secret walls that could be activated which would turn Manhattan into a concentration camp.

where does this stuff even come from?

I think your toddies were too hot.
 
Wow, I never knew photographers were like this.

I guess tpf isn't for me.
Or maybe it is. Just let the photos do the talking and you should be alright.
 
Or maybe it is. Just let the photos do the talking and you should be alright.

Against my better judgement I will post 2 of the pictures I have processed so far. Beyond all of my "illusion", I never denied that I am new to photography.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME

8298456698_f5c3d7299a_z.jpg


Full Size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8298456698_bdfe30f881_k.jpg

8297405761_6c4ba1d871_z.jpg


Full Size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8297405761_2fe899b30a_k.jpg
 
Hey man...that first one is a bit of alright, really shows the deterioration and would be great to have a couple lurching zombies coming down the hall towards the camera. Don't get too hung up on people and their ability to cause grief. Just keep being yourself. The second photo doesn't do too much...it's tilted and there is a lot of black. Then again, those places have some "dark" history? Ha! I made a funny. Okay...so I'm not on Comedy Central for a reason. Anytuna, keep posting more of what you got. I'm still interested. Did you get some outside shots?
 
Last edited:
For the second, I suspect you used flash at high power? Personally I would have used lower power and longer shutter, and wider aperture (for some good depth). I don't like the first at all, it's just an empty hallway.
 
I'm always interested in urbex/abandoned places photography, unfortunatly i never seem to have the time to get out and find/explore these places, It seems HDR is the way to really show off these places for those that dont turn their noses up at it.
Dont be put off by the negative comments on this thread, once you've been broken in and read a few chapters of the TPF bible you'll fit right in...probably.
 
Hey man...that first one is a bit of alright, really shows the deterioration and would be great to have a couple lurching zombies coming down the hall towards the camera.

Agreed. Zombies would set this off perfectly

Then again, those places have some "dark" history?
That was the point.....its the 3rd basement. 3 stories underground. Kinda scared me a little bit. Constant sound of water dripping and a slight breeze

Did you get some outside shots?
Yeah i'll post some of those later

For the second, I suspect you used flash at high power? Personally I would have used lower power and longer shutter, and wider aperture (for some good depth). I don't like the first at all, it's just an empty hallway.

To be honest, I haven't looked into using my flash just yet. Still gotta get around to that lol

I'm always interested in urbex/abandoned places photography, unfortunatly i never seem to have the time to get out and find/explore these places, It seems HDR is the way to really show off these places for those that dont turn their noses up at it.
Dont be put off by the negative comments on this thread, once you've been broken in and read a few chapters of the TPF bible you'll fit right in...probably.

Agreed with the HDR. I'm a big fan of it.

and.....tpf bible?
 
and.....tpf bible?[/QUOTE said:
A bit like the 10 commandments, nobody knows what they are exactly, but they'll let you know if you break one.
 
and.....tpf bible?[/QUOTE said:
A bit like the 10 commandments, nobody knows what they are exactly, but they'll let you know if you break one.

Once you "fit in" we'll give you a copy of the TPF bible. But, you kinda gotta have the bible to ever hope to "fit in."

Welcome to TPF. Generally, if you survive a first thread of this sort, you'll be alright. But. Yeah--you're gonna want to rethink that strategy of posting the fact that you're GONNA post some cool photos you've taken and then you're GONNA go take some more cool photos and post them too. That's just inviting the thread train wreck to happen.

I kinda like that first photo. The second just doesn't do much for me; if I didn't KNOW the story behind where you'd gone, the second photo would just hold no interest for me whatsoever. It's just a dark photo of a dark, flooded hall down in a basement somewhere.
That first photo--man, I bet there are some awesome abstracts just waiting to be captured on those walls!
 
Here are the TPF Ten Commandments:

1. Thou shalt not bring up politics or religion.

2. Thou shalt not make onto TPF any pornographic images or any likeness of any such thing unless you pay money and promise to keep such images in the NSFW sub-forum.

3. Thou shalt not make cuss words upon the forums for the mods will not hold you guiltless and may ban you for a time to be specified.

4. Remember to take a break from photography once a week. Six days a week thou shalt photo and do all your post-processing. But make the seventh day a day for rest.

5. Honour thy mods and TPF junkies for their wisdom will guide you.

6. Thou shalt not kill the motivation for others to continue the desire to learn more about photography.

7. Thou shalt not harrass other members.

8. Thou shalt not watermark photos that are not yours.

9. Thou shalt not make other TPF members look bad by lying and false reporting.

10.Thou shalt not covet the talents of others but find your own creative path.
 
At first people were not friendly to Moses either .... it will take time ..Welcome.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom