What's new

The Chemically Abandoned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the TPF Ten Commandments:

1. Thou shalt not bring up politics or religion.

2. Thou shalt not make onto TPF any pornographic images or any likeness of any such thing unless you pay money and promise to keep such images in the NSFW sub-forum.

3. Thou shalt not make cuss words upon the forums for the mods will not hold you guiltless and may ban you for a time to be specified.

4. Remember to take a break from photography once a week. Six days a week thou shalt photo and do all your post-processing. But make the seventh day a day for rest.

5. Honour thy mods and TPF junkies for their wisdom will guide you.

6. Thou shalt not kill the motivation for others to continue the desire to learn more about photography.

7. Thou shalt not harrass other members.

8. Thou shalt not watermark photos that are not yours.

9. Thou shalt not make other TPF members look bad by lying and false reporting.

10.Thou shalt not covet the talents of others but find your own creative path.
Not bad.... :lol: But here is the real thing.

Thanks for everyone's effort in turning the thread around.
 
Not bad. Those two are basically the same photograph, but it's not a bad photograph. You're in a visually interesting place, which helps enormously.

Both images suffer from the same problem, which is that the eye is led down the hall, we're urged to look toward the end of the hallway, where there is.. um, nothing much. The setup is good, it's visually interesting, there's some good material in both of these. They're not particularly great as photographs, but they are decent documentation of a place.
 
If you allow editing, I think you will get more and better critique that will be enlightening about how these images can be altered.
 
Chemic said:
Against my better judgement I will post 2 of the pictures I have processed so far. Beyond all of my "illusion", I never denied that I am new to photography.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM WELCOME

Full Size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8499/8298456698_bdfe30f881_k.jpg

Full Size: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8297405761_2fe899b30a_k.jpg

#1 I think backing up a bit and framing so that the left window(or window looking object) wasn't so close to the edge of the frame would better this one, and a B&W conversion may do it justice. Nice capture of the environment though.

#2 Not much to chew on, but I can see the idea pretty clearly. Again, the color doesn't really contribute much to the composition so B&W would make it tastier imo.
 
If you allow editing, I think you will get more and better critique that will be enlightening about how these images can be altered.

I agree, it would be a lot easier to show you what I have in mind instead of trying to explain it. It isn't as if we will be claiming the shots as our own or anything, so no need to worry about that. And if you would like for some people to do that it could also help to upload some bigger images if possible.

I'll do a quick and dirty verbal critique.

1. Has promise. With this type of composition, the end of the hallway smack dab in the middle like that, it's generally best to have no tilt at all. Tilts can sometimes be effective but 1) it's usually a more pronounced angle and 2) this just isn't one of those times. To my tastes the image is a bit dark and would be better slightly brighter. I know you're thinking dark and moody helps set the tone, but give it a shot while adding more contrast and see what you think. Also I think I would desaturate the colors a bit. Black and white may or may not work, but I'm guessing not because it just doesn't seem contrasty enough. Also, just a personal idea, I would try a square crop. The width and height of the hall are pretty close to being the same and with the end in the center I think it would work. It would also crop out the two windows which are acting as stop signs for my eyes as they start the journey down the hall.

2. I'm not trying to sound like a dick with this but I'm going to be blunt. The only good thing about this one is that it's a good reminder of a place to reshoot after you are more advanced. It's definitely a cool spot that you should return to sometime, just hold off for now.
 
Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)


I just changed it to OK
 
This sounds interesting!!!.:cheer: I would love to do something like that very dark, Great ref for my tattooing
 
Last edited:
Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)


If you expect help or critique then I hope you take it seriously and respond when you are unbaked.

You need to understand what you want to capture and what you want the viewer to see.
The two windows in the foreground completely dominate the viewers' eye when probably you want the eye to flow down to the door in the background, too dark in the original to see but the natural endpoint of the image.

But you can transform it into something more in the mood of the place.

8298456698_bdfe30f881_kllllfinal_zps34d65524.jpg
 
Last edited:
This sounds interesting. I would love to do something like that very dark, Great ref for my tattooing

If you expect help or critique then I hope you take it seriously and respond when you are unbaked.

You need to understand what you want to capture and what you want the viewer to see.
The two windows in the foreground completely dominate the viewers' eye when probably you want the eye to flow down to the door in the background, too dark in the original to see but the natural endpoint of the image.

But you can transform it into something more in the mood of the place.

Lew think you tagged me by mistake They only baking I do is in the oven:lmao:
 
Last edited:
This sounds interesting. I would love to do something like that very dark, Great ref for my tattooing

If you expect help or critique then I hope you take it seriously and respond when you are unbaked.

You need to understand what you want to capture and what you want the viewer to see.
The two windows in the foreground completely dominate the viewers' eye when probably you want the eye to flow down to the door in the background, too dark in the original to see but the natural endpoint of the image.

But you can transform it into something more in the mood of the place.

8298456698_bdfe30f881_kllllfinal_zps34d65524.jpg

I like that edit. Now we're getting somewhere. I like the mood that it sets.
 
Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)

Hey man, don't blame it on the bud, it's not like...wait...where was I going with that? Oh well, I like the edits. I hope they help you a little to see what to look for when you go out and shoot more photos.
 
Due to the copious amounts of cannabis that I intake daily, When I made this account, I most likely got confused about the "My photos are ok to edit" thing.

**ATTENTION - Marijuana effects the memory** (Half Baked)

Hey man, don't blame it on the bud, it's not like...wait...where was I going with that? Oh well, I like the edits. I hope they help you a little to see what to look for when you go out and shoot more photos.


Don't blame it on the bud, Blame it on the boogie :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom