What's new

The Coffee House

The flywheel is right where it should be on the shaft. I'm truly out of ideas.
Coffee is ok after another spoon of sugar.
Gotta go do some shopping today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Then -
  • Compression
  • Points & condenser or electronic module
  • Coil pack
  • New spark plug
  • Fresh gas
I think you said you replaced the carb already. There's really not much else you can do.
 
Hi from UK, whilst I don’t understand your terms NJT and so on I read that as some road system like our M 25 the parking lot.
Rain here has meant that the diy jobs are on hold, but that does mean that outdoor photography is out as well.
NJT = New Jersey Turnpike. Part of our Interstate 95 (I-95) highway - one of the main North-South high speed, limited access roadways along the eastern coast. Yes, many places on our roadways can be like parking lots; generally near the urban centers and frequently at specific times of the day, or during certain weather conditions. Motor vehicle collisions can also create major delays.
 
Hi from UK, whilst I don’t understand your terms NJT and so on I read that as some road system like our M 25 the parking lot.
Rain here has meant that the diy jobs are on hold, but that does mean that outdoor photography is out as well.
NJT = New Jersey Turnpike. Part of our Interstate 95 (I-95) highway - one of the main North-South high speed, limited access roadways along the eastern coast. Yes, many places on our roadways can be like parking lots; generally near the urban centers and frequently at specific times of the day, or during certain weather conditions. Motor vehicle collisions can also create major delays.

I-95 runs from Maine to Florida. For most of its run, it's toll-free, but there are toll sections and bridges as well, one of which is the section that runs through New Jersey - thus the name NJ Turnpike. That section basically runs between NY City and Philadephia, two of the most traffic-congested urban areas. So it's not so bad when going through Central Jersey. But the northern stretch just outside of NYC and the southern stretch that passes by Philly? Ew.
 
Thanks all, makes sense now
The m25 is the motorway around London. Still slow, and like you say accidents cause mayhem.
It seems to me us brits can’t cope with a change in the weather.
Oh we have a snow flake on the road, panic
Instead of slowing down when it rains a lot of drivers here seem to want to rush. Are the rushing home so their cars don’t get wet
I like to watch the Ice Road Truckers. I wonder what it would be like if Brit’s took on that job..
 
Last edited:
I like to watch the Ice Road Truckers. I wonder what it would be like if Brit’s took on that job..

Probably better then a southern driver. LOL A single snow flake causes mass panic here.
 
Sounds like L. A. They shut down the pass into L. A. with only a dusting of snow on the ground.
 
Afternoon all, grotty yucky day today so when I popped in to town I thought!!! OMG that was some walk as I`m back in Brighton Australia, but not really haha. This upside down house is doing the rounds and ended up in Brighton UK.

R0000895.webp
 
The flywheel is right where it should be on the shaft. I'm truly out of ideas.
Coffee is ok after another spoon of sugar.
Gotta go do some shopping today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Then -
  • Compression
  • Points & condenser or electronic module
  • Coil pack
  • New spark plug
  • Fresh gas
I think you said you replaced the carb already. There's really not much else you can do.
Pretty much.... BUT, first things first. Let's definitively determine whether it's a fuel or electronics problem. Get a spray can of Happy Sniff (engine starting fluid or ether). Lift the hood (cheat the interlock if yours has one to prevent the starting running of the engine with the hood up), remove the air cleaner and any piping so that you can see and easily access the actual throat of the carburetor. Start the tractor and at the first sign of it faltering, start spraying the starting fluid into the intake. If the engine picks up/runs more smoothly, then you have a fuel issue. If it still stalls, the problem is almost certainly spark/electrical.

Once we know for certain which side of the equation we're trying to solve for 'X' on, we're half-way there.

What make & model of tractor, what make & model of engine?
 
2019-05-19 08.49.31.webp
The kids are all right. :)

There's a total of 5.


(Kinda dark, because this swallow's nest stays in deep shadow.) Peeking through the door window here.
 
I call it a lawn tractor but in fact it's a Craftsman riding lawnmower.
It has a coil that makes spark.
Will get some starting fluid when we go out later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
what make & model of engine?

According to what he just posted, it's a Craftsman riding mower. In the past the engine was built by Briggs & Straton and Kawasaki, but a few years ago they switched to MTD I think.

@davidharmier60 is this a single cylinder or twin?
 
Single

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
actual model info off the tag would help. You can have a dozen engines, similar in outward appearance with the same maker's plate, that come from five different factories with different carbs, coils, etc....
 
It isn't the original engine even. We are about to leave to go visit my Sister at the Hospital in Houston. I will get starting fluid on the way home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sister looks better but isn't at all well yet.
Will try starting fluid tomorrow after work.
Got 4 more roll of pennies to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom