What's new

The Coffee House

Coffee house on page 2? For shame Hosers, for shame! Here’s a cute puppy pic to get us back on page 1.

Besties
View attachment 178872

She is wondering why the new pup is still here :)

Yeah he is slowly adjusting to the puppy being a permanent family member, lol. Very slowly.

Hi Hosers! What is everyone up to for the long weekend (at least here in USA it's a long weekend...)?
 
Good question... already it started clouding up, thundered, got darker, and just started raining! It was supposed to be nice this weekend! :048: Since then they've said a chance of pop up storms, etc. so who knows, the forecast keeps changing.

So anyway, my best friend and I were talking about doing some picture taking but now, I dunno... guess we'll see, could be we'll head out and if we have to cut it short, get some carryout and call it a day. Or not... :topsy_turvy:

I wondered yesterday when I got some Polaroid film out of the fridge (with 'ice cream' color frames!) if I would end up using it... :icon_camera:

It's pouring, it better get it out of its system today!! But if I don't do much this weekend, we're heading into fall so there will be another weekend.

I just hope people in Florida stay safe.
 
@vintagesnaps lots of indecision here as well. Planning on heading for the Gulf Coast at some point, but waiting until Dorian finally makes up it's mind where it's planning on hitting. If it hits to far south there's a chance it will skip across FL and reform in the gulf. If it hits farther north then will likely curl north, and leave us alone. :apologetic: Have some friends that were headed back to their base in Orlando, that peeled off in GA yesterday, headed for Panama City, to wait it out.
 
I’m planning a staycation this weekend. A couple of home improvement projects are a possibility. Definitely some hikes with the dogs. Some cooking, some eating out, some drinks with friends and maybe a movie. So...pretty much what I do every weekend :p
 
In other news, we were at Walmart picking up a few things this morning. DW sent me to the meat isle to pick up some chicken legs and wings for the grill. While I was studying the packages in the poultry section, a young lady with a Walmart vest (apparently mistook my concentration for senility) and asked me an overly condescending way if I needed help. Without missing a beat I asked her if she knew if the legs were front legs or rear legs. She got a confused look on her face, and said she didn't really know but she'd go ask her manager. I heard a loud burst of laughter from behind the swinging doors, and a very red faced young lady came sailing out shortly thereafter. Judging by the look on her face, I don't think she was very happy with me. :biglaugh:
 
Gorgeous weather here, for the next few days at least. Lower humidity and reasonable temps. Hard to get the cats to stay in.
No plans, standing down from anything more exerting than getting some good dinners together. Enjoying the weather!

My sister lives in central Florida, and so far she's prepared and staying put. But she may change her mind and skitch on up here if she wants.
 
Do I want to look at the updated forecast?? lol The sun peeked out then it got darker again with some thunder rumbling. One station said some changes in the forecast. I guess! Maybe I'll be putting that Polaroid film back in the fridge... This might turn into a play lazy weekend.

At least I have sound. The wait time last night was going to be up to 45 min. so I did a call back for today. All it was that it was set for Dolby instead of HDMI. Doh! So far the weather hasn't knocked out the power today. Yet. I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition, I mean thunderstorms this weekend. (Monty Python reference.)
 
My sister lives in central Florida, and so far she's prepared and staying put. But she may change her mind and skitch on up here if she wants.

Hope your sister stays safe. Mine is in Jax and she's doing the same - trying to figure out if and when to evacuate. Keeping good thoughts for them all!

HOSERS. I have worked 25 of the past 30 days and I.Am.Shot. My weekend plans involve no alarm clocks, mindless binge-watching, kitty snuggles, and a walk now and then.
 
Hoping all those in Florida a safe few days coming up. Wife’s family is located throughout southern Florida, and they’re all preparing.
 
Hi from UK. Just had the kids and g kids over, still knack..d
Now I have to start on some of those, I will do it later, diy jobs, it seems that now is later.
 
Coffee house on page 2? For shame Hosers, for shame! Here’s a cute puppy pic to get us back on page 1.

Besties
View attachment 178872

She is wondering why the new pup is still here :)

Yeah he is slowly adjusting to the puppy being a permanent family member, lol. Very slowly.

Hi Hosers! What is everyone up to for the long weekend (at least here in USA it's a long weekend...)?
Getting the windshield replaced in the Honda (rock from a truck tire) and shopping for a new mattress set. MLW is working OT tonight, so I'll probably do some art of some kind.

I'll put the contest voting up tomorrow.

LAST CHANCE FOR THE MONTHLY CHALLENGE
 
Kitty snuggles.

Mrs Parker kisses.webp Zelda kisses.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom